Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got everything in order time to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got everything in order time to fish

Took the boat into the shop and got new plugs, idle adjusted, throttle hooked back up, and motor height adjusted. Came home cleaned out the truck and some honey do's completed. So now it is time to test boat and see if I can locate some fish. I think I will head up to Stockton tomorrow morning and see what is going on. Let me know if anyone else will be there tomorrow and I will keep an eye out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good luck

and don't go swimming after your boat......... it sucks........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default unfortunately

I will be at work but find a bunch and let me know were there at I will be up sat and maybe sun. Have to try out my new ss prop.

Post Thanks / Like

Go gettem Tom. Wish I could do the same.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Don't plan on swimming but one never knows what will happen. I just hope my boat plains out and if that happens nothing else that happens will bother me. I was told today that I have caused the problem to come back since I have set the motor to low on the jack plate so it is 1 1/2 inches higher now and I will try there and keep raising 1/4 until all is right. Just so you know I have been lowering it thinking that would help, but in reality I have caused the prop to get a better bite into the water and need some slipage to get the RPM's up to get the boat out of the hole. We shall see!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wildhunter and Wantincrappie I will report on my trip when I get home and let you know what I find.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't make it thursday. Maybe friday. They seemed to be on the cedars more than the hardwwod. 8ft deep. Try some brush also. Good Luck and maybe you can go both days.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Can't make it thursday. Maybe friday. They seemed to be on the cedars more than the hardwwod. 8ft deep. Try some brush also. Good Luck and maybe you can go both days.
    Thanks Frosty and I will be going Friday too.

Post Thanks / Like

One Of These Days I Would Like To Meet One Of You Stockton Guys And Learn The Ropes Over There. I Am Not Going Any Where Until That New Stainless Prop Gets Here. It Should Be Here Friday. My Fedex Ground Guy Is A Nut For Someone To Sign For Everything. And My Ups Driver Gets Here Sometimes As Late As 6 Pm Who Knows When Or Where. And The Ups Driver Won't Even Ring The Door Bell! The Moron Left 3 Cases Of Shotgun Shells On My Front Porch The Other Day And Never Rang Or Knocked On The Door! So I Am Sticking Around Until It Gets Here!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I was told today that I have caused the problem to come back since I have set the motor to low on the jack plate so it is 1 1/2 inches higher now and I will try there and keep raising 1/4 until all is right. Just so you know I have been lowering it thinking that would help, but in reality I have caused the prop to get a better bite into the water and need some slipage to get the RPM's up to get the boat out of the hole. We shall see!
    Don't know much about it.....but that sounds just backwards to me. Would think you would need to lower it. Hope that works though!!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast