Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Motor Transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor Transducer

After losing my transducer from cut wire I noticed, it is not a good idea to use plastic slip ties to mount the wire to the shaft, reason is you pull these plastic ties tight, but the wire will end up under the little clip and this does not hold good, a limb caught my cable and pulled it out from the slack and then the tm prop cut it off.... I used colored tape this time and there is no slack to pull with the tape, so guess it was my own fault, but I have never had a problem with it before. got that sucker taped down now..... if a darn gar don't bite it into......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

eaven old timers can learn new tricks, cudos to you

Post Thanks / Like

When I Bent My Last Trolling Motor Shaft Marine Repair Here In Springfield Told Me Not To Use Cable Ties As They Would Cut Into The Transducer Wire. They Told Me Just To Use A Good Quaility Black Electrical Tape. On My Trolling Motor Transducer I Have A Very Large Hose Clamp That Came With My Units That Hold My Transducer On My Trolling Motor.

Post Thanks / Like

if you fish loz dock alot rubbing on the dock cables will cut in the transducer wire
    i but two wraps of old intertube around cable then tape over with good blk tape
    works great just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

Default sounds good jimmie

inner tubes getting hard to get these days, might just put the whole tire on mine....... radial of course.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Good tip I have mine zip tied and there is slack in the cable. Looks like I need to get out the electrical tape and fix it up before I have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    Good tip I have mine zip tied and there is slack in the cable. Looks like I need to get out the electrical tape and fix it up before I have a problem.
    TOM THEY WILL CUT INTO THE CABLE. WHEN I GOT MY BOAT THE DEALER HAD ZIP TIED THEM AND IT DID CUT INTO THE CABLE. ENDED UP COSTING ME A NEW TRANSDUCER.

Post Thanks / Like

I put a small pice of inner tube between the transducer and the bottom of the trolling motor. This eliminates any chance of feedback from the motor. I then take a piece of clear rubber tubing and slit it lengthwise. I slip the tubing over the transducer cable from the puck (transducer) till you clear the water level with the motor deplayed. I cable tie the tubing to the shaft and do not have to worry about the cable ties cutting the cable. Further up I use tape and an occasional cable tie over the tape.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DADAKOTA View Post
    I put a small pice of inner tube between the transducer and the bottom of the trolling motor. This eliminates any chance of feedback from the motor. I then take a piece of clear rubber tubing and slit it lengthwise. I slip the tubing over the transducer cable from the puck (transducer) till you clear the water level with the motor deplayed. I cable tie the tubing to the shaft and do not have to worry about the cable ties cutting the cable. Further up I use tape and an occasional cable tie over the tape.
    GOOD IDEA!

Post Thanks / Like

Electrical tape on mine.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast