Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Beagle Day Today 8/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Beagle Day Today 8/11

Kaz I would trade a left out boat plug and a pulled out kill switch for what happened to me this am...... first get a little late start and get down to sparrowfoot ramp. Unload everything cool, going to go to a place I saw some guys catch some crappie, get there, can't get in water to low, got to go clear around and through about 500 stumps and tree tops, well after being on a lot of them I don't have no front depth finder, raise the trolling motor and transducer cable cut into from the prop.. okay no big deal, use big motor and go slow and watch counsel depth gauge, first tree slow and knock my transducer up and it says 77' I am in 5' fow....no depth finders??? hmm look at where I want to go another 200 trees to go through, no decided to fish where I was at, hang up jig, poking around with 10' ers break the tip off..... I looked up in the sky and said okay, okay I am going home.....while I was DRY..I get to the ramp hook my brush gripper on the cleat go up get pick-up, walking out on ramp and dam boat come loose and about 4' from the ramp, I think I can jump, but what if I miss.... take everything out of pockets and in I go. crap water more than 7' deep gotta swim catch boat and let me tell you at 64 you don't pull ur azz up in them anymore, just lucky no wind, so go to hanging on to boat and using my legs to get us back to the ramp,,,,, oh thank god my feet hit bottom.....scared the poop outta me, I showed them where there should be a new outhouse.... stopped by everharts got new depth finder, new tip, few jigs and said my rackety azz is going to the house, not even a bump what a morning....... been going to much....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Man, thats pretty rough sorry to hear that.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

thats sucks Monty!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a rough morning for sure, Monty. Better start taking someone along with you from now on. I bet you won't have any problems finding willing participants.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW what a trip ! Sorry to hear about that, and for those of you that think an icon isn't normal,,,,,,,, read his post again. I'm glad this trip wasn't in Novemver.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear it Monty, when it rains.... it pours!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa Buddy, I'm the first to hassle someone but that's not real fun stuff there, glad you are ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Default guess I better hire

a tutor and take along......that gripper has never failed me, sob did today..... no one around only one other pickup in parking lot....... just didn't want the old girl to just drift around, but maybe should have waited till someone showed up...... I am still a little unstable, pace maker didn't shock me, but having such a chity day did.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your troubles - glad you're okay!

I guess you're gonna have to come fish the waters around St. Louis so I can go out with you and pull you back into the boat. Heck, I'll even help you net the fish. :p
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

That sucks Monty. Glad your okay though.

Not even going to give you any chit today after what you have been through.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast