Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Weiss tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Weiss tournament

I've got a quick question..... Do we need an Alabama fishing license for Lake Weiss? I was told by a local today that we did. Isn't part of it bordering Ga.? If so, don't they reciprocate? Just trying to get all my ducks in a row for the season.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Agreements with Bordering States

According to GA, the agreement does NOT cover Weiss. Agreements with Bordering States

Here is the link to Alabama regulations for Weiss Freshwater Fishing in Alabama's Reservoirs - Weiss Lake

here is a part of the link but you need to read the whole link and info to be sure you are not going to have a discussion with a game warden that isn't pleasant.........................

Three special fishing regulations apply to Lake Weiss:
    "It shall be unlawful for any angler to fish with more than three rods and reels, or poles, or any combination thereof on Weiss Reservoir or Neely Henry Lake, at any time;"
    "It is illegal to possess crappie less than 10-inches in total length;"
    "It is a violation of Alabama law for any person to transport more than one day's creel limit of game fish beyond the boundaries of this state."
    It is a violation of Alabama law for any person to fillet a fish while fishing, or to possess fillets of fish while on public waters except when fish are being prepared for immediate cooking and consumption; provided however, that fish may be drawn or gutted with heads left attached.
    For more fishing regulations, see Alabama Fishing Limits and General Regulations

Alabama Power Company has improved fishing by providing habitat in this lake. Coordinates of these habitat improvements are available as an Excel spreadsheet or a GPS download from Fishing GPS - Alabama Power.

Links (disclaimer):

Fishing license information may be found at: Licenses Instant licensing is available via the Internet (2% fee), via the telephone by calling 1-888-848-6887 ($3.95 fee), or at 900 vendors and probate offices in Alabama. All youth age 15 and younger fish for free.
    Possession and creel limits for Alabama public waters are listed at: Creel Limits.

Be sure to research all of the lakes we will be fishing because there is a lot of good information to get an angler started looking in the right direction no matter if you are seasoned or new to any of the lakes..........

Dan
    Last edited by Shine Runner; 08-10-2009 at 09:11 PM.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

one other note........if you read the license reg's....internet orders for licenses are only a 2% fee where as phone orders are $3.95.......cheaper to do it on line....looks like non-resident licenses are $46.00..........also the licenses run from September 1 till August 31st........so don't get your new license till after September 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

I see they have a non res. $30.00 - 7 day license, I thought they had a 3 day but did not see it. I will find out, as I will be fishing there next month.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Georgia/Alabama Slabmasters

Go fig er?

Post Thanks / Like

I buy a non res yearly license for bama every year and this year it cost me roughly 45ish bucks.
    Its Foolish and wrong to morn the men who died, instead we should thank God that such men lived.
    General George S. Patton Jr

Post Thanks / Like

That license will also cover the upper reaches of Westpoint too. Hey Danbo, my bodyguard is from Bama watch out and she's a mean one, LOL
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 08-13-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

i thought ur ga ones work all over west point..?

Post Thanks / Like

Default not my favorite part of WP

Quote from GA DNR website:

Alabama
    Waters Covered: The banks and waters of only that portion of the Chattahoochee River forming the boundary between Georgia and Alabama and Lakes Bartletts Ferry (Harding), George W. Andrews, Goat Rock, Oliver, Seminole, Walter F. George (Eufaula) and West Point. However, this agreement does not include that portion of West Point Reservoir lying upstream (north) of the Georgia Highway 109 bridge on the Chattahoochee River arm of the reservoir. The waters covered by this agreement do not include other streams or tributaries which flow into the Chattahoochee River or its impoundments or the portion of Lake Seminole covered by the reciprocal agreement with Florida. Lake Weiss is not covered by this agreement.
    Creel and Possesion Limits: All creel and possession limits on waters covered by this agreement are the same as Georgia's statewide limits.

Length Limits: Largemouth bass

West Point - 14 inches
    Walter F. George - 14 inches
    Licenses: All persons meeting the sport fishing requirements of Georgia or Alabama may fish on the banks and waters covered without having to obtain any other license.

All other fishing laws and regulations of the State of Georgia apply in Georgia waters covered by this agreement.

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/docum...tegory=fishing

not been checked up there yet but just a matter of time

Post Thanks / Like

I have my annual Alabama license but I was not asked to show an Alabama license to the game warden that checked us at West Point. He looked at my Georgia license and checked our fish count but I just aint good enough to catch over the limit. We were way above the 109 bridge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast