Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My day with Monty

Post Thanks / Like

Default My day with Monty

Sorry for the late post, don't have a computer at home. Met up with OSS on Saturday at Bucksaw. Don't believe I have ever had a better day on the water. While Monty was extremely polite, here is what I learned from him: 1. My trolling motor sucks. 2. I suck at running the trolling motor. 3. Aluminum boats suck in the wind, no matter how big they are. 4. I have the wrong jigs, the wrong rods, the wrong line, and the wrong color tubes. 5. The only experience I have on Truman was tieing up to trees and waiting them out. He taught me where and how to fish and with what. Seriously, Monty I can not thank you enough for taking the time to train me Next time we go (your boat) I promise to do better. (He did tell me I was good at putting all the fish he caught in the livewell) Got to meet the jj's, and watch Sue put fish after fish in the boat, and Gary try to steal her spots. Got to meet ranger397 (briefly). It was great to meet all of you, and again Monty thank you very much. You are a true gentleman to take the time to school me. (p.s. rice a roni, you have moved to a 2 on running trolling motors, I am now the 1)

Post Thanks / Like

Default One thing about OSS

He tells it like it is,,,,,:D------ and ya know where ya stand, meanwhile ya had a good time too. Well done.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you Jack

I have been online and there is a download on the motorguide and I think all your tm needs is under the foot pedal there are to nuts to tighten the cables up a little and your motor would be perfect, then mount the foot pedal solid..... nice meeting you and had a great time and the cantalope were great, I think in short notice of time I could almost get to like that boat, sure liked the way it rode on top and quite......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Jack, you can sure learn a lot from this gentleman but you should probably super glue your kill switch on if he drives the boat. :D

Post Thanks / Like

You learned from a CDC icon JackB. Sorry we didn't chat longer but had to get on the fish.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    You learned from a CDC icon JackB. Sorry we didn't chat longer but had to get on the fish.
    We will meet again I'm sure. You are correct he is an icon, and to take the time to fish with someone he did not even know, and show some tricks, was one of the best days I've ever had. Can't thank him enough

Post Thanks / Like

HEY JACKB DO YOU HAVE THE WEIGHT KIT FOR YOUR FOOT PEDAL? I HAVE ONE AND IT HELPS KEEP THE FOOT PEDAL WHERE I WANT IT EVEN IN RUFF WATER. IT IS CALLED A WEIGHT PLATE AND HERE IS THE LINK TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

Rigging Accessories

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    HEY JACKB DO YOU HAVE THE WEIGHT KIT FOR YOUR FOOT PEDAL? I HAVE ONE AND IT HELPS KEEP THE FOOT PEDAL WHERE I WANT IT EVEN IN RUFF WATER. IT IS CALLED A WEIGHT PLATE AND HERE IS THE LINK TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

Rigging Accessories
    DMW1960, thank you for the tip, but I am going to permanently mount it to the deck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    DMW1960, thank you for the tip, but I am going to permanently mount it to the deck
    YOUR WELCOME. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A WEIGHT KIT ON MINE AND IT WON'T MOVE AROUND UNLESS YOU MOVE IT YOURSELF. I LIKE MINE FREE SO I CAN MOVE IT IN CASE I PUT A SECOND SEAT UP FRONT ON MY LOWES. AND SOMETIMES I JUST LIKE TO TRADE FEET, YEP I EVEN OPERATE IT LEFT FOOTED SOMETIMES!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    (p.s. rice a roni, you have moved to a 2 on running trolling motors, I am now the 1)
    Great post jackb. I'm sure your better on that trolling motor than the old man says you are. Sometimes he just needs something to get on ya about. Not only does he refer to me as Rice-A-Roni, he is now refering to the big city of Springfield as "Hollywood". The old farts got a sense of humor that is for sure. I going to experience just how good he is on a trolling motor for myself later this week. :rolleyes:

Glad you had a good day.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast