Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bob fought the wind and ..........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob fought the wind and ..........

........Bob won! Fished 5 different spots yesterday. Fought the wind on every spot but also caught fish on every spot. I must have caught 40 or more fish with at least 30 of them keepers. Wound up with a very nice limit. Didn't keep a fish under 11". Had 1 just over 15", 4 between 13 and 14", the rest were 11 to 12 1/2". Started fishing at the 2nd power lines, then to Hay Creek, then Pretty Me, then McGinnis 1, then finished my morning in my favorite cove just past the cut thru. Was a tough morning fighting the wind. Trolling motor was on 4 and 5 all morning. If it wasn't worn out, I sure was!! Hope to get out again Tue or Wed morn.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

You da man, between the wind and heat,,,,,,, I didn't even go, of course my little boat woulda been more like a kite than a boat.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Bob! Glad to see the bite was good. It probably took the sting out of the wind.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Bob, what color did they enjoy, how deep?
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outstanding man

I found out saturday in the wind, I like my fiberglass a lot better in the wind, than the alum. boats, I hadn't been in one in over 20 years, nice ride though, but don't like them in the wind...... think I may try myself about midweek....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

nice Bob way to go. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    Good job Bob, what color did they enjoy, how deep?
    Caught them all on Blk/Char and Blue/Char SlabBusters on 1/8 oz Char jigheads. Most were caught in 10 - 15 fow, fishing 7 - 10 ft down. Wind has the water churned up pretty good upriver. Water clarity got better the farther down I went.
    I lost 2 real good fish at the boat trying to lift them in instead of using the net that was right behind me.
    Was some tough fishing for sure. I sure hope the wind dies down for Thurs.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Think that was you I met around 1:00, had just put in. I should have kidnapped you and made you go with me for support, my little jig thing didn't get whacked all that much until last couple hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazualobzerver View Post
    Think that was you I met around 1:00, had just put in. I should have kidnapped you and made you go with me for support, my little jig thing didn't get whacked all that much until last couple hours.
    Thot that was you, Steve. I was on my way to the ramp. Wind had whipped my butt by then. We should get together sometime. Just say the word.

Here is a pic of 7 of the bigger ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bwillaub; 08-10-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang - those are some nice fish.

Next time you want to do battle with the wind, I'll be your wing-man. Well, errr, if I can make the 200 plus mile drive.
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast