Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need info on an area

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I need info on an area

The area is Calumet City. I'm in Pa., and i'm coming up to visit some friends, around the next holiday, and was wondering if anyone knows of some crappie fishing areas near there. Not sure if i'm bringing my boat but any info will help make that decision. I'll be checking the board for replys.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Be careful!

I have never fished that area, but just thought I would warn you... lock everything!!!!!! That is a pretty bad crime area.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warning. I'm only interested in finding out the areas to fish. The area i'm in now is probably just as bad as any other. Had my 7.5 merc stolen off my boat here last fall and it was locked on and then 2 weeks ago someone broke into my boat and stole every jig crankbait hook and bobbers and left me the 2 fish locaters. That area is probably like this area. I'll use my insurance policy. Still would like to know of somewhere to fish in that area. Any help will do.

Jim Hamm Guest

Default Lots of crime!

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Thanks for the warning. I'm only interested in finding out the areas to fish. The area i'm in now is probably just as bad as any other. Had my 7.5 merc stolen off my boat here last fall and it was locked on and then 2 weeks ago someone broke into my boat and stole every jig crankbait hook and bobbers and left me the 2 fish locaters. That area is probably like this area. I'll use my insurance policy. Still would like to know of somewhere to fish in that area. Any help will do.
    Also check out the IDNR's website. Click on the "I Fish IL". it will take you to a seperate site somewhat full of fishing info on IL.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I checked the site but it doesn't have all the lakes posted. Again, thanks anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Did I mention this is a "really" bad crime area? Why, I turned my head for a second, and they stole my idea! LOL

I hope you can locate a good spot to go. I would say your best bet would be to look for some borrow pits out by the interstate over passes. Those usually yeild very good fishing opertunities, and are not real pressured or polluted either.

Full baskets and best fishes to you!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 09-28-2004 at 05:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim. Thats what i'll do. As long as there's no fence around it, it should be okay. Or are they private property like most on the ohio roads going north?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Thanks Tim. Thats what i'll do. As long as there's no fence around it, it should be okay. Or are they private property like most on the ohio roads going north?
    In many cases, Illinois has been pretty good about developing those borrow pits into more of a park environment for public enjoyment. Many have scheduled up-keep that includes mowing, emptying trash recepticles, etc. If their are fences up, ask the neighbors there. Most will give you the go ahead, or at least direct you to the right party to get permission.

I hope you find something worth your time. If you were 100 miles West, I could put you on some great fishing!

<,"}/>{ Rippa