Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone around OKC?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone around OKC?

Hi, this is my first post since I have signed up. And I am curious if anyone fishes the OKC area. I like to fish Thunderbird for crappie and have found some nice spots. Granted that the fish are not the biggest, there sure is an abundance of them and a very generous limit there too, 37 I belive.
    I hope to hit the lake tommorrow with a friend who has some "secret" spots he is going to take me too.
    Well tight lines and bent pole to everyone.
    Okccatman

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard catman, i live in the edmond area and fish arcadia, hefner, and just started fishing up around guthrie. Thunderbird is probably the best crappie hole in the city from what i have been hearing, so you are in a good spot. One of these days i hope to make it down there. Glad to have you on our board and look forward to hearing your stories.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Arcadia area ALOT. And I do mean alot. mainly around 122nd street bridge and memorial road bridge. As you can probally tell from my username I am a die hard catfisherman. But there is nothing better than catching a whole mess of crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a fellar that visits this board that frequent T Bird. Check back often. Welcome to the Okie board of C.C
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board catman. I fish Thunderbird alot although havent made it in a couple of weeks. Let me know how you do. I need to find a buddy that likes to go as much as I do.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Boat49, I fish T-bird as much as I possibly can. I am able to fish most weekends and weekdays if enough adv. notice is allowed. Send me a PM and we can get together for some fishin'.
    Okccatman

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy Okccatman
    I haven't been out to TBird in the past few weeks. My boat is still in the shop, getting the drive shaft reworked. It was pitted and let water into the lower unit. Water doesn't make a very good lubricant

Let us know what you find out about the "secret" spots
    If you have room on your boat, I'll join you sometime. When mine gets repaired, I'll do the same, for anyone that wants to join me.
    I need to change my girlfriends oil sometime this weekend. I'll be watching the game Saturday. Don't know about Sunday.

Check the info I posted on another thread. Great map tool. We caught over 90 a few weeks ago at #4 on the map.
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...t=9790&p=62469
    Last edited by isnms; 10-07-2005 at 08:40 AM.
    One More Cast ...

Post Thanks / Like

isnms, is that the cove with a couple of bouys in it with stumps along both sides? I have motored around in it a couple of times but didnt stop to fish it. I'm always looking for someone to fish with. Those of us around the OKC area should meet up sometime and go.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always looking for fishing buddies too. My girlfriend really likes to fish, just she can't always make it every time I want to go. My best friend is not a fisherman
    So yeah, I'm in to meet up.

#4 is the one across, the same large cove not the lake, from Denver Corner boat ramp. The one you are describing, I think, is #8 on that map. But I could be wrong.
    A lot of times, especially since I don't have a boat right now, I usually fish under the bridge.
    One More Cast ...

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are right after looking at the map a little closer. I fished one time under the bridge,(mainly to get a little relief from the sun!), fishfinder was showing fish top to bottom...not even a nibble!!.. I may be out there tomorrow, I have a tv i hook up to watch games on those certain days. Do you have days during the week you can fish?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast