Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walley and stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default walley and stockton

OK Y'LL BOYS WANTED TO KNOW AND YOU KNOW I DONT OFTEN GIVE OUT WALLEY INFO, BUT I AM GETTING MELLOWER IN MY OLD AGE, SO HERE GOES

up by B-9 on the flat on the west side of the lake be on your right for you direction challenged fishermen, now B-9 is under the bridge and to the right from roark bluff. drag a minnow on a road runner jib, or on a lindy rig, also a night crawler on a lindy rig, or drop shot. just keep in contact with the bottom. or try the poing on the right going into birch branch cove, slow troll a minnow or white/red jig there is a rock pile just off to the west of that point, drift the bait close to the bottom, there is some brush there so be carefull. if that doesnt produce go to the next cove up stream from birch branch on the right side of the lake, keep looking ahead, there is another cove, they are not big coves, inbetween the two coves is a good mud,gravel,grass flat, 40ft out from the bank drift a jig/minnow combo or drag a night crawler along, my buddies have been catching the heck out of walley the last 4 days,
    part two,
    long line crank baits. from the mouth of birch branch to the bend in the creek channel, up the left side has been producing, mostly on wiggle warts green/orange or purple and silver are working also, let out enough line to get the bait to bounce just on the bottom then reel in a bit so it stays close, it's not to deep there so wont take much figuring.

they are catching a few west of the roark bluff launch. just before you get to the power line, on the right side, go slow watch the depth finder and you will see a cluster of brush, it probably wont be brush just a swarm of walley lurking arround following food, anchor and toss out a minnow or night crawler and wait, more boring than the other methods but it is working, the fish will move up and down and fish on, good luck and dont tell miss sharon i told y'll this later all

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna tell. I'm gonna tell.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default very much

nice information, but how did you manage to get out twice this week and not tear up something.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the wally info beagle of course i caint go till next weekend but maybe they will still be biting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Info

Very much appreciate Michael. Of course I can't back to Stockton for a little while. But I would bet money ole Sam has printed this off and probably has it memorized at this point. :D Thanks again Michael for sharing such detailed information with us.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Beagle this is like tossing gold coins to everyone! I printed it off in case the better half finds out and pulls it off here!:D Thanks for the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Beagle, never fished stockton but I am planning on going down there in a few weeks and try and catch some Walleye. I catch them below Truman Dam in the early spring, but I want to start catching them year around. Been reading up on it, the Missouri Conservationist has an article about catching Walleye in it this month.

Post Thanks / Like

bwillaub best keep your telling to yourself, Miss Sharon doesnt want or doesnt thing I should tell how or where to catch wlley, she thinks I should only bring them home to her. I am by no means a walley fisherman but I have been known to catch a few and some on purpose. go get em boys and if you can catch them from this post I will show you how to deep water toll or them and when I say deep 45ft of water 30ft deep and sometimes more, kinda tricky. one more little diddy. there is a walley bed home made also. up by the power line. next to the old barn foundation, next to the old whistle under the road, big fish there. yep big fish. have fun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Thanks for the info Beagle, never fished stockton but I am planning on going down there in a few weeks and try and catch some Walleye. I catch them below Truman Dam in the early spring, but I want to start catching them year around. Been reading up on it, the Missouri Conservationist has an article about catching Walleye in it this month.
    Let me know when you are coming and maybe I will see you there. I know a few other Walleye spots that seem to produce a Walleye or two on a regular basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info Beagle, will have to get down there. Got the boat set-up for trolling and have yet to break it in. Is it a better bite in the fall?
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast