Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kill Creek Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kill Creek Lake

We drove out to Kill Creek Park/Lake to check it out, I was impressed with the park and there is a lake that looks to be about 30 acres. The lake has quite a bit of standing timber in it. Has anyone ever fished this lake? I only live about 15 minutes fron this little jewel and am curious if it is any good.

The sign says there are Wipers in it, crappie limit is 50 with no length limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished it back in May around the docks. Caught 5 little crappie and one little bass in about an hour. All I seen from everyone else out there, which there was quite a few fishing from the shore was a lot of small crappie as well. My friend fished it last year for catfish and got some nice sized ones fishing from a boat.

I would say needs a couple more years to mature, but seems to have quite a few fish in it. Might get over fished though. I went out mid afternoon in the week and there were several people out fishing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the lake located, always looking for somewhere else to fish. Does this lake require additional fees, just a Kansas State License?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Meeder View Post
    Where is the lake located, always looking for somewhere else to fish. Does this lake require additional fees, just a Kansas State License?
    You need the Johnson County permit to fish and launch a boat. South of DeSoto 2 ¾ miles on Kill Creek Road, West on 115th, South on Homestead Lane

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/Fis...reek-Park-Lake
    Last edited by Hef; 08-07-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hef

Post Thanks / Like

i used to fish it alot. when it first opened i caught nice walleye and crappie from the bank. last summer i fished it for bass and catfish and caught alot of small bass and a few nice catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Hef---This is the lake I was trying to tell you about that day we were at HD. I just could not remember the name of it. Looks awesome for a summer tree pattern, but have never fished. I do know they just opened it up for fishing maybe 5 yrs ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished it quite a bit and found the tree pattern to produce nothing but dinks.( don't we get enough of that every other thursday? ) I have caught some better crappie trolling small cranks, smaller than Bandits, and some jumbo bluegills. Has anyone tried the new lake out in western Lenexa? I think it's off Monticello Rd. I have heard some reports of decent crappie this spring. Pretty sure it is a small lake also.