Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota Copilot Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Copilot Question

I have a Minn Kota Copilot and like it OK. But if I had to do it over again, I would have bought the autopilot. Is there an accessory you can buy to add to my copilot to make it an autopilot? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

??? Tell me the make and model of your trolling motor??? I have a Powerdrive V2. It comes standard with autopilot and I added copilot. You can go to the Minnkota website and look up your model and then see accessories available for that particular model.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If your motor is the newer V2 model, MinnKota is coming out with an add on I- Pilot this Nov. It will combine the co-pilot, auto-pilot plus many more features. I think it will run about $400. To convert your motor to an auto pilot would probably cost as much if not more.

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my co-pilot converted by a minnkota repair shop. They do warranty work and had all the parts necessary to upgrade. As some have said, your model make have the upgrade available so that you can do it. Very simple. Check in your are and find who does warranty work. Now someone who just sells the minnkota product. Good luck, mine is great and I would not troll without it.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lots of Minn Kota stuff here

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

shellback is right Im an Authorized Service Center next year they will be putting a Autopilot pack on the market you can purchase for around 400 dollars to turn and Power Drive into a Autopilot o and It can do more than your standard Autopilot also. But I will let you find out what all this little baby will do when they put it on the market I know you will like!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

They Make A Minn Kota Auto Pilot Upgrade It Is 249.99 At Cabelas Not Sure If It Will Work Or Not

Post Thanks / Like

Great info. I'm new to AP and CP and I love it. When trolling for the bigger fish (stripers and such) I use the unit to its fullest capacity. But, I also adapted it when doing our hovering technique over single brushpiles for crappie, which really needs a hand controlled tiller TM. All I did was cut a piece of PVC pipe in half (making two sleeves held together with a hose clamp) making a bushing so the bracket will not lock into the motor. It's free turning now and I manually steer (hand on head). I love the versatility. Now if I can find a material or lubricant that will totally eliminate the squeaking I get some of the time.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a MK catalog from a distributor in Georgia a couple of days ago and I remember the upgrade listed in it. I think it's a plug and play, even I could do it. If you fish with an ap once you'll have to have one. About 900 reasons I don't have one now, but it's in the future for me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast