Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plaining when fishing Truman vs. other lakes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plaining when fishing Truman vs. other lakes?

I notice last Saturday that I was having trouble plaining my boat out again on Truman. I was running a different prop than I was at camp and I have not had any trouble even with heavier loads at Stockton plaining out. I am wondering if there is a difference in water density and that is why I only seem to have trouble at Truman? It is not only Stockton that I do not have any trouble with but also Lake Fork and Toronto. So what gives any idea of why I only have trouble at Truman? I think it must be the difference in water density.

Currently I am running a 25P Tempest Plus and I am going to sale 2 of my other props and get a 24P to run with heavier loads and at Truman.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You could be right

Water denisty and temp will make a difference,,,, boats will run a little easier and faster in colder water and clearer........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

What he said, water temp, air temp, and density will make a difference. They will run better in March or October than in August on the same body of water. Could be all the fish slime in Truman from all the fishes too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Water denisty and temp will make a difference,,,, boats will run a little easier and faster in colder water and clearer........
    I knew about temperature but never thought about clearer water before. When I loaded my boat at Lake Fork it was 108 degrees so if temperature was my problem I would have thought I would of had trouble then but didn't.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is the extra weight of the fish in the rear livewell on Truman. HA HA. I think you are right. I also have noticed a differance in different water tempatures. You are more than welcome to try my 25P Mazco 4 blade. It is all the way up on the 10" jackplate. Everybody I talk to says it is to much prop for my 175 Merc. But it jumps up fine and runs about 5500 rpm. What are the other props you have? I would probally be wise to get me a spare prop since I fish Truman.
    Last edited by Jigging15; 08-04-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You guys slow down a little

I have already lost one hat this year, but no more with my patented Saraha strap...........:D:D I will be wearing depends next year.........

Post Thanks / Like

The Pucker Factor Maybe , Stump Stump Lol
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I think it is the extra weight of the fish in the rear livewell on Truman. HA HA. I think you are right. I also have noticed a differance in different water tempatures. You are more than welcome to try my 25P Mazco 4 blade. It is all the way up on the 10" jackplate. Everybody I talk to says it is to much prop for my 175 Merc. But it jumps up fine and runs about 5500 rpm. Whta are the other props you have? i would probally be wise to get me a spare.
    25M s/s Yamaha made prop that was on my Merc when I bought it so it fits Merc.
    23 s/s Trophy Plus 4 blade I kept when I sold my Pro Craft. I ran this prop but have to watch my RPM's to close not to over rev the motor. I would think you would have the same problem with this prop.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a buddy at work who bought my last Champion. He has been experimenting with 4 or 5 different props on the 175 blackmax on it. I guess we can have a prop trial day at Truman if you want to try out some others.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The only problem I have

with my 150 merc and a 24p is when I haul EE big butt around, but then again I also burn twice the fuel............

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast