Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blue Springs 7/31/09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Springs 7/31/09

Went out on Fri. night it was a tough one tried a brush pile my buddy that was with me caught a couple of small one right off thinking its an ok spot set both anchors to stay over the pile. But it wasn't to be boat wakes kept pushing us off the piles with both anchors set so we headed off to a cove with standing timber. While we were trolling back to a spot to tie off on caught a 9" crappie on black & chartreuse jig with a crappie nibble on it. After we tied off a boat wake came through and shook us and the tree we were tied to to the point that a branch broke from the top of the tree and landed about 5' from the boat . After not catching any thing there we decided to move and try anther location decided to troll slow on the way out to see if we could get some bites well we ended up catching 4 more small ones but in doing so fish or tree stump claimed one of my poles just had enough time to watch it disappear from site as headed for the 20' bottom I liked that pole caught a lot crappie with it. thats about it tried a couple more places with nothing think the conditions change when it got dark wind picked up and no more bites at all couldn't even get the shad to come under the lights.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry about the pole

I have lost one and I don't know how they go so dam fast into the water, but in the blink of an eye there gone............ $100 bucks shot to he---
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the pole....just one of those days where everything goes wrong.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Its still better than a good day of work though the weather was great and to see some bald eagles back in the cove I fishing was prety awsome. Now I get to shop for new real & rod combo.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    I have lost one and I don't know how they go so dam fast into the water, but in the blink of an eye there gone............ $100 bucks shot to he---
    BEAGLE JUST THROWS HIS RODS OVERBOARD... SORRY MIKE :D
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

I went up to Blue Springs Sunday afternoon around 5PM. I saw how many tubers and skiiers were on the water, the line to put the boat in, and how many jet ski's were tying up the docks just sitting there chatting and decided it wasnt worth the hassel. Ended up on Prairie Lee Lake, didnt catch many fish but it was better than fighting all those folks.
    Remember, its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Post Thanks / Like

We fish Blue Springs a pretty fair amount and do very well at times. However, the boat never hits the water there between Memorial Day and Labor Day! Way too much of a circus for me. There is just very few places on that lake to get away from them!

Post Thanks / Like

It gets pretty crazy out there on the weekends I won't take the family out there tubing just during the week when every one else is at work & I'm on vacation 5 O'Clock & its time to leave because the crazies are off work and headed for the lake. Now fishing is another story I'll go fishing on the weekends there just have to wait until 6 or 7 pm to hit the water still allot of people out there but as soon as it gets dark most leave the ones that stay usually just anchor off or drift around enjoying the night. The lake can get pretty glassy at night and thats when I come out of hiding & set up the crappie lights for nice calm evening of fishing like basscatman said you can do well out there but timing and conditions is everything.