Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Lake 8-1-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Lake 8-1-09

Well brought my dad and my cousin fishing Saturday. We had a good trip, ended up with 5 dozen nice crabs, 6 reds and a nice flounder. Just when the fishing started turning on, I noticed the trim quit working. It was right at dark and I knew it was going to be a long run back so we headed back. Took 1 hr and 45 minutes to run from grand bayou to heberts and that was with a 150! Oh well, at least we got back and had some supper for the next day.:D

Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Dwyane, I was wondering a few minutes ago what you were up to...lol Congrats on the catch. as for that trim, is that the same one you were having trouble with about a month ago?
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72 View Post
    Dwyane, I was wondering a few minutes ago what you were up to...lol Congrats on the catch. as for that trim, is that the same one you were having trouble with about a month ago?
    No, this one is on the big boat. What was crazy, was when I picked it up, the trim started working. Think the trim motor may be getting weak. The problem with the "other" motor is that it is locked in the up position, haven't got a chance to look at it good yet.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Just get you a come a long and keep it in the boat with you..lol.. just kidding.. That stinks that you keep having problems with them... it almost sounds like maybe a bad connection in the wiring, work then don't work, then work again. and could possibly be the same thing on the "other" boat too, maybe a wire broke causing it not to go down. I don't have a trim and never have, but the electrical would be the first thing I checked.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

yup sounds like a bad wire or connection....nice pics.. them crabs are making me hungry!
    I support catch and eat! :D