Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dale Hollow

johnhuffman Guest

Default Dale Hollow

New to the forum, great information here!

I will be going down to Dale Hollow is about 3 weeks in the Wolf River area. I have traveled as far as Illwill but thats about it. Can someone put me on a nice pattern or area to catch some slabs? Been going for a few years with some really cocky Dale Hollow vets and they rub it in really badly. However I know I can fish as well as they can, just not the type of water I am accustomed to. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?

JH it's good to have you aboard and I know you'll pick up a lot of useful info here. I can't help you on your fishing, cause I have no idea what lakes or state you talking about. Narrow it down a little and someone will jump on the chance to help.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't fished the Hallowed Hollow in a couple of years, but there is a poster that fishes frequently...I believe Dennis Bowers...he should be able to get you in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

John , The lakes really down right now an droppin daily. I live at Gunnels Camp right on the Wolf. The Crappie arent schooled here yet but may be by the time you get here. Creek mouths are full of shad but no Spot or Crappie bustin them much!!I too fish Illwell,ect. I use jigs most of the time-1/16 oz plain leadhead,about any thing with chartruese for the body. i use alot of Squirmin Squirts[BP sells em]-Chart. sparkle & chart/orange have been the most productive the last couple weeks.You can check my recent post for more info if you want.By the way-WELCOME to the BEST board there is for Crappie!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

johnhuffman Guest

Guys thanks for the information!

Dennis,
    We mainly fish with minnows, and I can never seem to raise a jig bite when I am there, but I will surely try. Do you know where "skull bluff" is? I am not sure if thats a name we use, or if its a real name of the bluff, but I can always pick up a few there however they seem to be deep.

I will check back soon to get an updated report since you live right there. That will be a big advantage in itself.

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board John. Are you any relation to Tim?

Full baskets to ya!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

John, Not sure about Skull Bluff-I"ll do some asking around.It may be we call it something else.Caught 29 Sat. Had my limit of 15 keepers. Sun. caught 17 with 8 keepers.Today I caught 18 with only 6 legal[10" and above].I fished 3-4 hours each morning then quit when it gets hot.All were caught casting and retreiving jigs on stickups,laydowns,condos,ect.I do use minnows with slip corks on ocassion-just enjoy jiggin.Lake is still fallin daily!!!Keep in touch and I will try to keep you updated as I fish daily!!

johnhuffman Guest

Dennis,
    How did you do this weekend? I would think the water temp is dropping dramatically with the water level.

"Skull Bluff" lets see......leaving Wolf River Marina and heading west. You come upon a long very shallow point on the right and to the left is the deep part of the channel with a couple slides on it. Soon as you round that point, across the lake you can see a HUGE slide. Thats what we call Skull Bluff. Sound familiar now?

Just 13 more days!! I need a vacation and I looking forward to this trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

John, Did o.k. this weekend-s l o w yesterday.Surface temps. were in the hi 60"s, North wind,rapidly falling barometer.Caught 15 with only 2 keepers!I beleive the bite will get better daily from now thru Nov.!!Had a buddy fish all day yesterday with minnows-42,1 keeper[at least my average beat his LOL]!I think I know what you call Skull Bluff.Let me know when ya come,maybe we can get togeather for coffee.

johnhuffman Guest

Dennis,
    It seems like finding deep wood in the wolf/illwill area is always a challenge for us. If I emailed you a map, could you mark some deep wood spots? I would appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast