Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: HD Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default HD Sunday

Made it out yesterday for a couple of hours, 2:00 to 4:30. Fished 4-10 fow and caught a couple dinks and one keeper and a 4lb cat on blue and white slab slayers and pumpkin/chart beavertails. I did sneak down to Truman last sunday, sorry never got around to posting a report. Down there we fished in the Grand all day. Fished 4-15 fow, we didn't do worth a darn. 6 keepers 11-12" one went just shy of 14". Pumpkin/chart beavertails and green/yellow southern pro tubes. Hopefully I will be done working on the house soon so I can get back after them full time. I expect I will see a few more new faces at HD thursday night. If anyone has any questions send me a pm or email, [email protected].

Thanks,
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend report

Fished Milford top to bottom Saturday 6am till 2pm after the early morning rain, wasn't pretty. Maxed at 78' surface water temp, down from 81' last weekend, was 74' swt on the main lake at dawn. Got real windy, crowd was drifting the big flat and ridge by the marina, but didn't see anyone doing much.

Fished a number of spots on HD Sunday 7am to 10am with the dog, and the regular spot 6pm to 9pm with the kids, wasn't on the eyes at all. Struggled to find the shad, netted most of um in less then 5 fow. Still lots of fat cats likeing the shad in the 18 to 24 fow off the flat. Gonna try um again tonight.

Crappie:
    Was neting shad by the ramp Wenesday on HD, caught 2 crappie dinks in bout 2 feet of water right off the rocks.
    Last edited by DuckHuntingUSA; 08-03-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to HD yesterday afternoon 4-6:15. Very slow and pretty windy. Went up the big bull looking for new spots. No luck. Had all night, but decided to go home since it was so slow. Might be the first time ever that I lost the drive to keep looking for them.
    http://kansasoutdoorsman.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there WKndWarrior your probably just suffering from HELLSDALE syndrome I'm headed out there tomorrow with LBM so one of us will post results, I'm sure the "dinks" will rule the day:D
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Warrior View Post
    Went to HD yesterday afternoon 4-6:15. Very slow and pretty windy. Went up the big bull looking for new spots. No luck. Had all night, but decided to go home since it was so slow. Might be the first time ever that I lost the drive to keep looking for them.
    On slow crappie days you can target other species. Thanks to Drifter I have recently been leaning to catch catfish. I am not a big fan of eating them but it sure beats going home and if they are decent size they can try to take the rod away from you. :D

I'd really like to find where all these schools of whites go during the day.
    LIFE’S TOO SHORT TO FISH WITHOUT BEER

Post Thanks / Like

The gulls were really working the points off of the main lake of wade branch. I couldn't tell if the shad were on the surface or not because the waves were so big. I would guess the shad were there along with the whites.
    http://kansasoutdoorsman.com/