Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Finder (Lowrance X-15)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Finder (Lowrance X-15)

Anyone have a Lowrance X-15?

If so, are you satisfied with it?

And do you have the Navionics chip for it?
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

i have the x-15 gaboy. been using it for four years or so now. yeah i like it. i have the navionics maping program to.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    i have the x-15 gaboy. been using it for four years or so now. yeah i like it. i have the navionics maping program to.
    what does the navionics chip really do anyhow?

does it have lake depth contours, etc.? the only one I saw was one that did the ocean and not really the lakes. when I searched online it almost seemed like the Fishing HotSpots chip wouldn't work in the X15.

What do you have, and what does it give you access to?
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    what does the navionics chip really do anyhow?

does it have lake depth contours, etc.? the only one I saw was one that did the ocean and not really the lakes. when I searched online it almost seemed like the Fishing HotSpots chip wouldn't work in the X15.

What do you have, and what does it give you access to?
    the chip i have shows the lake coutours on the screen. I think i give $129.00 for the program. ive had my chip about 4 years so im sure they have upgraded it by now. now my system is the x-15mt. i dont know if there is a plain x15 that dont accept chips. I dont know if a man needs that expensive chip or not.. the regular map create 6 program for the x-15mt used in conjunction with a good lake contour map would work. the map create program 6 shows all the lakes and stuff, but it aint contoured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    the chip i have shows the lake coutours on the screen. I think i give $129.00 for the program. ive had my chip about 4 years so im sure they have upgraded it by now. now my system is the x-15mt. i dont know if there is a plain x15 that dont accept chips. I dont know if a man needs that expensive chip or not.. the regular map create 6 program for the x-15mt used in conjunction with a good lake contour map would work. the map create program 6 shows all the lakes and stuff, but it aint contoured.
    I believe the one I am buying is also an X15-MT as well.

So, you are not all that impressed with that chip? Where did you get it from?
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Lowrance 37tx and the 47ex and I dont like either one of them. They are not very good in shallow water. They show you innacurate depths while running. They get water in them real easy if you fish in rain. Moisture builds up on the inside of the screen and you cant see it most of the time. I just am not satisfied with them. I know maybe they shouldnt be exposed to rain, but sometimes we all fish in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

i got it at bps. its alright gaboy, but dont know how important having the contours on the screen are for you. its one them situations of what you want and how bad you want it.

crappieseeker untill i covered my unit this past spring, my unit had been exposed to the elements , 24 hrs a day and ive never had a leak. mine stays on the boat all the time and untill i covered it, it was exposed to the weather continuously. reason i covered it was the screen was starting to detoriate from being exposed to the sun all the time. i did have a lowrance and eagle units that gets water in em if i leave em out. they was the x65 and 85 if im not mistaken.
    im attaching a photo i made that shows my unit in about a bad a contitions you could put it in and i wasnt worried about any water or ice damage.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wardy Guest

Anyone have a Lowrance X-15?

If so, are you satisfied with it?

And do you have the Navionics chip for it?
    I know the x-15 has come down in price quite a bit. Tempting HUH? You would be just as happy with the LMS 480 or for about the same money,... 332C. I have the 480 with the high dollar navonics chip. I am not sure you would need or could use more than this unit without being on the ocean. The contours are correct. I had condensation get in mine. I sent it to Lowrance and had a new unit within a week. They are very good about service. I have a friend with the X-15. He spent alot of money and can't use half the bells/whistles. He has never recorded a sounding or had any use for the second memory card.... Save your moolah... my 2 cents.

Wardy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy
    I know the x-15 has come down in price quite a bit. Tempting HUH? You would be just as happy with the LMS 480 or for about the same money,... 332C. I have the 480 with the high dollar navonics chip. I am not sure you would need or could use more than this unit without being on the ocean. The contours are correct. I had condensation get in mine. I sent it to Lowrance and had a new unit within a week. They are very good about service. I have a friend with the X-15. He spent alot of money and can't use half the bells/whistles. He has never recorded a sounding or had any use for the second memory card.... Save your moolah... my 2 cents.

Wardy
    Well, I am getting a killer deal on the unit and the GPS antenna, so I am getting it for less than almost anything I have seen elsewhere. It is less than a year old. The person I am buying it from just got accepted to the Hummingbird VIP program, so he got a new 987c and you can imagine he doesn't have much of a need for an X-15, so I am getting a killer deal on it and I can't pass it up.
    ><)))*>

Wardy Guest

Well, I am getting a killer deal on the unit and the GPS antenna, so I am getting it for less than almost anything I have seen elsewhere. It is less than a year old. The person I am buying it from just got accepted to the Hummingbird VIP program, so he got a new 987c and you can imagine he doesn't have much of a need for an X-15, so I am getting a killer deal on it and I can't pass it up.
    Does he have any more "goodies"..? LOL..

Give us this day...Our daily limit!!!

Wardy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast