.E2 : Aug 03 : / 32.3 / 31.9 / 31.5 / 31.1
    .E3 : Aug 04 : / 30.8 / 30.6 / 30.4 / 30.2
    .E4 : Aug 05 : / 29.8 / 29.4 / 29.1 / 28.8
    .E5 : Aug 06 : / 28.5 / 28.2 / 28.0 / 27.7
    .E6 : Aug 07 : / 27.5 / 27.3 / 27.2

W. H. Harsha 733.0 @ 737.9 = + 4.9' over pool
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Not good. I think our tally was 3 dink crappie, some bluegill and maybe a half dizen lm bass. It was so bad I had thoughts of taking up golf or even tennis.
    We fished with minnows and slip floats, jig and cork and I threw some 2" Yum beavertails, both chart and chart/black.
    A friend of mine called me Friday and told me that in spite of all the rain the Indiana creeks looked pretty good. I didn't believe him and I was wanting to wait until this coming weekend but he really wanted to get out so I said what the heck.
    We can't blame the water color in Tanner's as it was pretty good once you got past the rt 50 overpass. We fished up stream for maybe 3 hours with out doing much good so we turned around. The water was pretty dirty at the river mouth and the current was pushing into the creek. We tried the tressle pilings anyway for a short while but current was fairly strong. From there we went to Hogans (it wasn't my idea as the river was a mess) and didn't do any good. At Hogans there was maybe a 100 yard stretch in the center section of the creek that wasn't to muddy. We fished there for a short while and decided too call it a day. Muddy water was coming up from the river and down the creek.
    Like I've said before, it's been a long time since I've been to Hogans. If it wasn't for my friend, I may have missed that creek all together. It sure looked different.
    I was dissapointed to say the least and just hope our lack of success was the result of all the high water. I hope to get down there again this summer but it's going to have to wait a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

strike..1..We fished with minnows and slip floats,... why

strike..2..jig and cork ...swim that jig & lose that cork

strike..3..2" Yum beavertails, both chart and chart/black....It's black/chart
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    strike..1..We fished with minnows and slip floats,... why

strike..2..jig and cork ...swim that jig & lose that cork

strike..3..2" Yum beavertails, both chart and chart/black....It's black/chart
    1. desperate -actually this was the last thing we tried.
    2. we did that also, old timers disease,I forgot- swam both a 1/16 and 1/32 oz. that's what we were catching some of the bass on. chart/black, chart/orange and lime/chart
    3. black/chart is what I caught the biggest bass on, maybe 2# or so.

Question...should we be working laydowns or ??????????
    Last edited by crappiemax; 08-03-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say:

Strike 1 - Water was way up
    Strike 2 - Weather has sucked lately
    Strike 3 - Muddy rising river

Post Thanks / Like

it can be real tough when the river rises that fast..Yates is right about the minnies you will do much better without down there.and i"m not against slip floats but jigs just do better at the river...also try a 3 inch beaver tail..much bigger and produces more...it will take a few trips to learn the river so maybe one weekend we can hookup and show you some good stretches...it will have to be in the fall because chicken legs and i will be puttin in some effort at eastfork and trying to win a couple more tournies..

Post Thanks / Like

all these strike outs, sounds like the reds are up to bat

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone72 View Post
    it can be real tough when the river rises that fast..Yates is right about the minnies you will do much better without down there.and i"m not against slip floats but jigs just do better at the river...also try a 3 inch beaver tail..much bigger and produces more...it will take a few trips to learn the river so maybe one weekend we can hookup and show you some good stretches...it will have to be in the fall because chicken legs and i will be puttin in some effort at eastfork and trying to win a couple more tournies..
    Tbone, that sounds good to me.
    I was at BPS and looked for the 3" beavertails but only saw the 2". I bought a few weedless jig heads. I could only find 1/8oz with a bigger hook so I trimmed some lead off to lighten them up a bit. It worked out pretty good, I could work those jigs through the junk without much problem.
    I'll see if I can find some of those 3" before I go the next time.
    As far as the minnies, we only fished them for maybe the last hour or so that we were in Tanner's. I've been swimmin jigs most of the summer with pretty good success.
    You guys have alot of tournies coming up at EF. Isn't it like 3 out of 4 weeks in Aug/Sept? I talked to a friend of mine today. he was at EF and one of the water patrol told him that someone caught a 19" crappie yesterday. I weighed 3# Of course they kept and we going to have mounted.
    I have a feeling our biggest problem at the river was the rising water.

I might take a kid (maybe 10 years old or so) out this weekend. Since Cowan has a spillway the water should be fairly stable and I should be able to get him on fish pretty quick. I may have a chance to get back to Tanner's either the 15th or 22nd, if water is stable I may try again then.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Max, heres my 1-2-3 & 4

1: Tbone LIES:D
    2: Yates is in a bad mood:D
    3: 3in beavertail works best under cork or verticle
    4: BLACK-CHARTRUESE/SPECKS---STROLL-R:D:D:D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast