Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long Arm Dam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Arm Dam

Anybody have fishing information about this body of water? It's located just south of Hanover, Pa. After talking to some fellers, it sounds like this lake may have a crappie population. I'm looking at an exporatory trip, and any information to narrow my search would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Zig, this lake has plenty of nice slabs in it, mostly all black crappie. 5 to 6 years ago me and my buddy used to hammer the fish down there during the spawning season. Recentlly I have not had much luck, but also havent given it much attention. For spots we always used to fish in the farthest big cove down the lake away from the boat launch on the opposite side. Theres some brush in and around there that you can tell people have placed. The lake has had a weirdish orangish tint to it the last few times Ive fished it and was told that they tried to kill off weeds. Alot of people said this is what hurt the fishing but who knows. There is also a naturaly reproducing walleye population in this lake. I see you do well at Redman. I have never done any good there, if you ever have an extra seat on the boat let me know It would be nice to get together and fish with a board member. Good luck if you make it Long arm and let us know how you do

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info - about three years ago we made Saturday afternoon drive just to check things out, and haven't been back since. 90% of the time I fish by myself, so chances are good that a seat will be open, and you are more then welcome. I tend to do spur of the moment trips, and finding someone who has free time the same time I do is tuff. I'll drop you line when I know in advance when I plan on going.

I looking into next year, and may try to spend some more time on the Project (Lake Marburg). I understand the trout are beginning to reach some pretty decent sizes now, and I used to do pretty well on them dragging downriggers w/spoons around the dam. Every year I see a 15-17" crappie come out of that lake, so I guess I'll see what I can do with 'em.