Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Cleaner?????????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Cleaner?????????

Well crap, I know several of you guys have mentioned what you use to clean your boats (the underside). I've got the Truman brown ring around mine and need to know what works good to get it off. I guess I should say what works well and doesn't take a full weekend of rubbing it on and rubbing it off to get it to work.

Any input is much appreciated. Next boat will not be white.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

My boat got a brown ring at LOZ. So I used a spray bottle with half bleach and water. Spray it on , wait a few mins and rub it off with a brush. Work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I put a little liquid spic an span in with the bleach. Use it on the boat carpet, house, concrete anywhere there are stains or trouble with mildew. Hope this helps.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use TLW. Truman lake water. Just go real fast and it cleans pretty good. I know what you mean about white. The bottem of mine is white. Always has the Truman ring on it. I take mine to the car wash and it will come right off. I have been looking for something easy to spray on and wipe off to keep its shine. Have not found nothing easy to use yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I use deck cleaner, I think all it contains is bleach and soap. Five bucks for a gallon at Wally World.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for you input fellas.

I ended up buying something called "The Works" at Walmart. It is a toilet bowl cleaner.

Put it on and wipe it off and the brown is gone just like that. But holy crap. Be careful. Cover any open wounds or cuts, cause this crap is gonna burn.

And another thing. Use in a well ventilated area. This crap will almost knock you out.

Oh, and wear old clothes. Got a couple drops of it on my clothing and within 5 minutes it had eaten a hole in them.

Think it cost about 1.50 per bottle and I probably only used 1/10th of a bottle. Cheap and potent.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default You probably go outside this

morning and it will have ate up your boat.............:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nope

I took a glance over there at it in the garage this morning as I was leavin and it was still there. :D

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a little longer to eat its way through metal or fiberglass. Tonight when you get home, it will be gone.

Post Thanks / Like

WC, the best stuff I have found is called Tuff-Stuff. You can get it at Wal-Mart, and it works wonders! The detail guy in our service dept. turned me on to it. Works great on the carpet as well. Hope this helps you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast