Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton 8-1-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton 8-1-09

Well got up at 5 a.m. Looked at the radar and didn't look good. Messed around the house and kept an eye on the radar. About 8 a.m. decided the rain should be past Stockton in an hour or so. Drove through rain the whole way there and it quit raining just as I got there. Put in at Cedar Ridge and fished first cove on north side after you go under bridge. Two fish. Green carp. Ran up past High Point and only bit I could get was right on standing timber. Fished jigs, jigs with minnows and just plain ole minnows. Seemed like better bite was on jig only or jig tipped with minnow. Caught fish 7 to 15 feet in 18 to 24 foot of water. Did catch one cat that I'm going to say went 5# so that was fun on a 10 footer. Ended up with three keepers and probably caught a total of 30 short fish. And when I say short we are talking like a 1/8 to 1/4" short. Would have fished longer but there were several other boats fishing around me and water patrol pulled up and checked the first two boats which were much nicer and newer than mine. I heard them both honk there horn and they had spent about 15 minutes with the first boat so I decided it was time for me to make my getta way. I had just happened to of hit my horn last night getting the boat ready and it didn't work and wasn't for sure if I had a wistle in the boat or not. But what I was sure of was I didn't have a throwable in there. Man I would think the fishing should be good next year because all those short fish are looking good and are thick for short fish. Should have went to Truman today, just didn't want to make the drive today.

Thought I saw Frosty on my way home and called him. Nope, I was wrong. Sorry about waking you from you nap Mike. :p
    Last edited by WantinCrappie; 08-01-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Well At Least You Went Chris! Lol I Got Up At 2 Am Was Going To Go North, Truman Or Pomme. Looked At Radar, Decided I Better Wait, At 5 Am Didn't Look Much Better. At 6 Am I Hit Shoneys Food Bar And After Making A Pig Out Of Myself I Decided At 7 Am Was Going Back In Bed! Lol I Did Dream Of Big Crappie!

Guy At Bass Pro Said The Other Night That They Had Been Selling Alot Of Those Throwables!

Going To Try It Again In The Morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well for going through rain and fightin, the

water patrol, you done, pretty good but u would also look good behind bars...... Up here with old oss guiding you we have no problem with the patrol........ I am a undercover agent for them...... Well you should try agian tomorrow, it is going to be pretty nice out....... come on up and I will haul your skinny butt around......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    water patrol, you done, pretty good but u would also look good behind bars...... Up here with old oss guiding you we have no problem with the patrol........ I am a undercover agent for them...... Well you should try agian tomorrow, it is going to be pretty nice out....... come on up and I will haul your skinny butt around......
    Man, wish I could. I've been dreading tomorrow all week long. It's been probably six years since I have been to Steal Your Dollar City and that was just for the XMAS lights. Well tomorrow I have to go. I don't guess I have to but it's my wife birthday and what she wanted to do was take our daughter down there. She a good woman for putting up with me and she deserves to get to do what she wants to do for her B-day. So that is what I will be doing. Wonder if they stock any of those water rides with fish. HHHHmmmmmmmm.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default long pole

I gotta add that this was the first time on Stockton that I had used one of my 10 footers. Had a guy pull up fairly close to me and asked "What the hell this that thing". I'm really beginning to like using these. Thanks Monty for introducing Sam and I to using these. Oh and Ron too.

Post Thanks / Like

YAAAAAAAWN......Typing this with just one eye open.....Glad you got to get out and catch some. Sure was thinking about going today but had to get some wook done. Have a good trip to the CITY tomarrow!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris Take Lots Of Money! Lol Someone Called Wife The Other Day Complaining That They Were Even Now Charging For Parking Down At Steal Your Dollar City! I Will Think About You As I Am Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

wow Chris sounds like a good day, just plain ole snuck away from the carp cop, well take it from an ole kansas fisherman, get the tossable I just happen to have two, yep two, I am legal paper work on down to whistle, as many small fish it may be nice this winter, hope so. have a good time in stole your dollar city,I went once 30 years ago, got in the cave restaurant and paniced ran to the front of the line, and just stared at the floor till the rest of the gang got there, hate closed in places, they talked me into going on a ride, ever see how mad tourist get when they have to stop a ride and turn on the lights and let a paniced man get the heck out of the underground ride, man just two more shots of jack and I could have made it, have fun and let the good times roll

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made a clean get away!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day being out and you lucked out twice with the rain and deputy dog!:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast