Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Last Fishing Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Last Fishing Trip!

A very good friend of mine just made a very interesting post on the Georgia board that I would like for all of you to read. The title is "The Last Fishing Trip!". After reading his post I have decided to see if I can get something going with this idea of caring an older person fishing. I now cary my dad whenever I can. My dad is 81yrs old. Please go to the Georgia board and read this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I know from where he is coming from

Thanx RF

As a senior citizen ... I know from where he is coming from.

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    Thanx RF

As a senior citizen ... I know from where he is coming from.

JSC
    you also know where I have been. I lived just south of Freeport for a few years on black creek..man i miss it except the heat. oh yeah and that drawbridge getting stuck for days.. glad they built the overpass type bridge.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I carry my dad (75) everytime he wants to go. Just this morning he call early asked if i was going today, I said give me a few minutes to drink a cup of coffee we always go on monday night too. For me i feel like i owe this to him for all the times he took me & my brother when we were young. Also take my dads brother as well it,s fun to watch them hook up with a big cat or a huge gar while fish,n for crappie on lite tackel.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about timing just took a friend of many years to catch some crappie on a lake he use to fish a lot with his brothers, both have passed away in the last year. His family insisted on him taking a thorough physical and of course he's got the same thing that got his brothers. After the all the therapy which he handled extremely well I figured better quit talking and do it! So we went yesterday and I know for sure that I had one of the best fishing trips that I've had in a long time, and he fishes pretty well for 80 years old. We even managed to catch some crappie and we are making plans to go back next week.

Post Thanks / Like

A Great Gesture guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Been here for 40 years

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty View Post
    you also know where I have been. I lived just south of Freeport for a few years on black creek..man i miss it except the heat. oh yeah and that drawbridge getting stuck for days.. glad they built the overpass type bridge.
    Smitty I have sent you a PM.

Been here for 40 years .. down the street from the old McDaniel Fish Camp.

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

guys, thats one post alot of us need to read, talk about putting things back into perspective very quickly, i think we all need to be reminded every now and then, thanks smitty