Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cajun women are TOUGH

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cajun women are TOUGH

Cajun Women Are TOUGH!
    An elderly Cajun man lay dying in his bed. While suffering the agonies of impending death, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite beignets (a kind of French doughnut ) wafting up the stairs. He gathered his remaining strength, and lifted himself from the bed. Gripping the railing with both hands, he crawled downstairs. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the kitchen, where if not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven, for there, spread out upon waxed paper on the kitchen table were hundreds of his favorite beignets.

Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of love from his wife of sixty years, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man? He threw himself towards the table, landing on his knees in a crumpled posture. His parched lips parted, the wondrous taste of the beignets was already in his mouth. With a trembling hand he reached up to the edge of the table, when suddenly he was smacked with a wooden spoon by his wife.
    Stop she said.

"Those are for the funeral." :p

I don't care what you say, THAT'S COLD!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good one! I was married to a woman like that. Thank goodness I had enough sense to get rid of her.

Post Thanks / Like

willk your loss I am still married to one like that, and will be till she tells me different, good on novice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    willk your loss I am still married to one like that, and will be till she tells me different, good on novice
    CAREFUL BEAGLE, MISS SHARON WILL PUT YOU IN THE DOG HOUSE AGAIN!

Post Thanks / Like

french-canadian cajun?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Cook You Are So Bad! Lol! Hey Novice, I Really Don't Know If That Was Funny Or Not, Reminds Me Too Much Of Wife #1!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Beagle, you got a good one and you know it. If you're not sure, just ask her!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Great story, CN, I loved it. Has the old man been out on the river lately?
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default drfishjd

I think he's only been out once on the Missouri River this year. I'm keeping him tied up driving me back and forth to Truman and chasing Crappie. He has been threatening to go but I think all the activity at Glasgow with the "new" (rebuilding the top deck using the antique piers is not a new bridge IMNSHO) bridge being built and the Ferry using the boat ramp has dampened his enthusiasm. We've drifted for cats on Truman a few times when we've had extra time, though, does that count?

PS For anyone that has never ridden on a Ferry (and would like to), drive to Glasgow after 8-4-09 and you can ride it for free as the construction company did not meet their completion deadline on the "new" bridge so the newspaper said that beginning tomorrow the ride will be for free! The Ferry runs from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. 7 days a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cook...........

LMBO here on that one, Cook! I don't believe she's ever baked anything but appears that she may be able to cut a cord of fireword lickety split if she set her mind to it. I wouldn't want to "PUSH" her to work faster though. She seems quite at home with that ax!