Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Home made trolling rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home made trolling rigs

Anyone have any Ideas of how to make or pictures of home made troling rigs?
    Keep some for the pan, let the larger ones go back for another day!
    Tight Lines!

~Big D

Post Thanks / Like

you talking about the different devices that hold the rods? or what exactly are you talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

Most rod holders will work for you. From store bought to home made ones. Seen some that people have made out of a PVC pipe. But after the time of cutting and drilling the PVC and messing up and having to start over ,your best to buy some. I use Driftmaster out the back and for spider rigging I use Hi Teks up front.
    For trolling I would use a 1/6 jig with a southern pro hot grub(because of the tail action). Tie that to your line with a loop knot and leave about a 18 inch tag end. Attach a small snap swivel say a size #20 and hook on one of my laser spoons with a #6 red sickle treble hook. This way you have a tandem setup that will tear them up. Set your speed on your trolling motor so your going about.7 to 1 mph. This rig should run about 10 to 12 foot deep. 1/24 oz 7 to 9 foot and use a 1/32 oz in about 4 to 6 foot.1/8 oz should run about 14 foot. Remember to run your jigs just above the fish as they sit at an angle looking up and will come up to feed mostly instead of going down. If you start getting snags bump up your speed. If you mark fish and are not getting bites.Keep bumping yopur speed up until you do. You want that spoon right above their little heads
    Last edited by laserdoc; 07-31-2009 at 05:54 AM.