Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: insect repellent

Post Thanks / Like

Default insect repellent

I have been going through a drought I guess I should say on catching crappie.Have caught some but not like I am use to and am trying to figure out why before I sell this boat and take up needlepoint.lol I am just wondering if you think that bug repellent sprayed on me before fishing or around my rods last couple trips could have made a difference? Last 2 trips I went out on was just like the fish knew not to bite my jig for some reason. Just curious if anybody thinks repellent would make a difference and what your opinion is.

Post Thanks / Like

I would imagine that anything foriegn such as bug repellent getting on your hands, and it will eventually, would be transferred to your baits and anything else that you touch. I am thinking that this cant possibly do you any favors.

Post Thanks / Like

Toby If the repellent scares off bugs,mosquitos & fish,have you noticed any change in Sherry lately?
    Last edited by johnw; 07-29-2009 at 12:17 PM.
    JohnW

Post Thanks / Like

GCF, That is your problem alright. Bug repellant. You are scaring away the bugs and bugs attract fish. Fish eat bugs and bugs eat GCF. It is that simple.:D You have to choose! Those skeeter bites shure do itch! I would rather face a rattler than a swam of skeeters. When you find out how to catch them again give me a call! Right now I am in the same shape as you, I was hammered by Skeet this last weekend in my own boat.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Mr.John, I just dont know what to say as a comeback on that ole buddy.lol I would say something, but I am just sure you might run into her again at the restaurant and tell her.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Now as for the "carpboy" lol, I am pretty sure there will still be plenty of bugs roaming around on Woods for the fish, but I gotta admit, I thought your post there was pretty funny.lol You done gettin pretty cocky since you got that fancy boat. lol