Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtreme Industries Boats... Any body have one???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xtreme Industries Boats... Any body have one???

I'm looking for a new Panfish / Crappie rig with stick steering and low decks fore & aft. I came across the Xtreme Industries Boats website and their V-Pro-Stick-16' model really caught my attention.

I'll be using the boat on some local Lakes that have 9.9 HP restrictions and I already have a 9.9 Yahama Motor that's been modified to a 15 hp so I need a fairly light boat.

I've been looking for one of these type boats in the 16' range that have some decent storage, and still a fairly light hull weight (500 lbs. or so), but most of these Panfish type boats seem to all jump up in weight to the 600-800lb range when going from 15' models to the 16' models, and most still don't have squat for storage.

The main reason this particular model caught my eye is the relatively light hull weight (475 LBS) and ample storage. They are a bit pricey, and I would have a 10 -13 hr. drive to pick one up as they do not ship, but it will probably out last my fishing yrs (51 now) so that doesn't overly concern me for a boat with features that will suite me.

So, if any of Y'all have one I'd sure like to hear your opinions, good or bad, before I make a final decision on one.

Thanks in advance for any input you might have,

YB

Post Thanks / Like

I realize weight is a concern to you, but make sure the lighter weight doesn't effect it's structural integrity. Do they post the hull gauge thickness?

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the reply Shellback,

That is a concern of mine also. Yes, they use .125 / 1/8" Marine Grade 5052 Aliminum. I'm not sure how they manage to keep the weight down with this material. Most other companies with comparable sized boats seem to use .100 or .080 and are much heavier, and with less storage areas to boot.

YB

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lancer Crappie Boat

I have a Lancer fiberglass boat that can be built in stick steer. No photos yet. Check out web site!

Monk Monk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Monk,

Yeah, I had looked at those boats on the Lancer website before, but they were a bit vague on their specs. Do you know how much that 1569 SS model weighs?

Thanks,

YB

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Bill View Post
    Hi Monk,

Yeah, I had looked at those boats on the Lancer website before, but they were a bit vague on their specs. Do you know how much that 1569 SS model weighs?

Thanks,

YB
    The 1569SS with 4 livewells weighs 550 lbs. Is your motor 15 inch or 20 inch shaft?

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I have the long shaft, right now it is on a 1990 Lowe 15' Pro Bass Model.

YB

Post Thanks / Like

Yankee Bill.....I'm thinking you need to ask some more questions on the gauge used. If the boat is built of all 125, it would be a tank and should weigh the same. At 475 pounds I'm thinking maybe the stringers and supports are 125 and the skin is 80 to save weight, even more so with all the extra metal for storage. I may very well be wrong, but I'd check to make sure especially since its so far a drive for you.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Just googled it. Sure does appear to say it's all 125. Good looking boat from my perspective. I'd still check that statement of all 125 or at least check the weight. Wouldn't be the first mfg to have a typo on their site.

http://xtremeindustries.ipower.com/page4.html

Just looked at the whole site. Bad want one of those cookers in case they happen to throw in one with every boat. They sure do seem to think the entire boat is 125 and it seems to be one of their selling points. Did note that the front deck of the other models seem to sit awful low in the water.

Would be intersted in anything else you might find out about it.

Wannabe...
    Last edited by Wannabe...; 07-29-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a super nice boat, the real deal.
    My 2 cent says a 9.9 or 15 hp would not even plane that boat.
    I see bass trackers not made that good slugging along with a 9.9
    It is also hard to beleive it weights less than 500lbs.
    An alumacraft 1648 without a floor, or carpet or cabinets and thinner metal weights in at 450lbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast