Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 7/28 Sparrowfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 7/28 Sparrowfoot

Went down to sparrowfoot this am to put out a couple more porcupine's and got that done. takes all of 5 min...... trolled a little while to have a cup of nerve juice, caught 4 nojoes, but was really surprised to catch them, cranked up the motor went about a mile to a flat of 10' fow and ending up catch 4 keepers over on it about 6' down one nice white bass and one 4# channel cat... all on orange/chartuse.....then as I approached the main lake I thought I spotted a log or something....... pic below, you will see why I cut trot lines when the sob's leave them.... no name......I mostly cut them to keep out of my trolling motor and big motor, this I think it is a flat head was almost 4' long and had to have weighed 40# +..... I think the upper grand is starting to heat up a bit I haven't caught anything over there in this spot for the last 10 days........ Only stayed about a hour and a half....... gotta mow.....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Monty! I was hoping to hear something good.......gonna give sparrowfoot another run this weekend. Sure hate to see good fish go to waste
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report OSS. Do you buy the porcupine with the pvc or do you buy the 2 pack ball and buy the pvc separate? I am thinking about buying some and cutting pvc to the size I want. Do they stay where you put them or do you have to add some weight?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I made mine

out of 1/2" rebar and welded it all together in the center it is 4' in dia and weighs 36 lbs..... no weight needed, don't know if they are going to work or not will try out this fall....... they are in 12' fow and on the bottom......they were when I left......... almost hope they don't work, since I can't weld anymore with the pace maker I would have to use super glue...........guess I could use some j-b weld........ Beagle will show me how it works......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

They sure looked like they were bought in a store! Nice job. They should last a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Gator, Ive done both. You have to weigh them down to get them to stay. Just leave 2 legs out and run your rope through the holes and add the weight. Take the super glue with you and assemble on the lake that way no one sees you lugging them around.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double D View Post
    Gator, Ive done both. You have to weigh them down to get them to stay. Just leave 2 legs out and run your rope through the holes and add the weight. Take the super glue with you and assemble on the lake that way no one sees you lugging them around.
    Thank you sir. Do they work pretty well?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but dont forget to waypoint it.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

i've only put out brushpiles on farm ponds and they had fish sitting on them within a week, how long until you can catch fish off a new brushpile on a big lake?
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out there today before the rain Monty.

I saw your comment about the second picture over in the other thread. Must say, not very nice.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast