Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jigs Or Minnows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigs Or Minnows

From the boats that were at the Sparrowfoot sat moring who used what & how many to fish to a boat. JJ & Crappiehawg started on jigs but went to minnows keepers on minnows we tried Chart/ Pearl & Blk /Chart. No nibbles. Will be good info. We caught ours on hardwoods 10ft deep. The biggest came from 10fow 3 feet down in the narrows. Anybody else that wants to share info thanks:D

Post Thanks / Like

Nick and I used minnows and jigs (tubes with the heads that slip inside the tube) and older style jig-heads with slab-buster bodies, in a couple of colors.
    And we didn't catch squat!
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I asked at the ramp

And the jigs kicked the heck out of minnows, Bobs boat mostly jigs, our boat with 8 keepers was all jigs, ron and chris all jigs with 6 bob had 10 or 11 not sure what dd used..... dynamite I think......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Dave and I were all jigs, mainly something in chartreuse combo. We did nibbles off and on. Had 3 or 4 keepers, couple shorts, more lost fish than normal probably 3 or 4 in brush, broke line, etc. I caused us to waste the first part of the morning attempting to fish very shallow in hopes of catching one good fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I Used A 10' Ozark Rod With A Single 1/8 Oz Unpainted Jig Head With A Orange And Chart 2 Inch Normal Tube Jig Skirt, With The Fattest Ugly Minnow I Could Find In My Minnow Bucket. Everything But Minnows Purchased From Everharts! Caught 6 Fish Total With 4 Being Keepers! And I Was In Water That Was Anywhere From 15 Feet To As Low As 3 Feet. Around Trees And Stumps.

First Fish I Ever Caught On My New Ozark Rod! It Is Going To Be A Keeper! It Is So Much Better Than That Wally Marshal Rod I Got From Bass Pro! Maybe Someone Should Send Mr Crappie A Good Ozark Rod!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The fish my boy caught was on neither jigs or minnows. If you guys have not tried one yet you need to get an EGO net. Did not even need a jig or hook and still put fish in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

We only used jigs, fished 10 to 15', color and type didn't seem to matter, we couldn't catch much on anything,

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think I am fishing with

Hardhunter this friday and I hope he brings some minnows, he likes to tip with them, maybe we can give it a real test.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default What?

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Hardhunter this friday and I hope he brings some minnows, he likes to tip with them, maybe we can give it a real test.......
    Did I just hear you say you hoped he brings minnows?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

like monty said we used only jigs. I tried chartruese nibbles off and on but they didn't seem to matter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast