Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Down When On Boat Ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Windows Down When On Boat Ramp.

I Thought I Might Point This Out, Since I Just Watched The News And Heard A Story About A Woman Drowning At Lake Of The Ozarks. She Drove Off Into The Lake And Couldn't Get Her Doors Open.

It May Be Stupid But I Always Open At Least The Drivers Side Window Or Both Windows When I Am On The Boat Ramp Loading Or Unloading The Boat. Figure That With Electric Windows I Might Not Be Able To Get Out Of The Pickup If I Was To Go Into The Water.

Some Of You Car Guys Who Know More About It Might Think Different. Its Just Something I Do.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only that,but I've seen more than 1 truck blocking the ramp,with the keys locked in it ,and the owner on a cell calling momma to bring the spare set of keys.

Post Thanks / Like

i keep my drivers window down with the radio off at the boat ramp just in case i need to hear someone yell WHOA or STOP. i've never seen someone the keys lock in, that would be kinda a bummer. i have seen someone's trailer with the latch on the hitch un-done where the trailer could come right off the ball and a WHOA might have saved that guy's trailer.
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing close to a ramp this weekend and a truck pulls up with the stereo blasting and the windows up. One guy hops out and climbs into a ski/boogieboard boat and first thing he does is fire up the stereo. Then he starts the engine, then motions the driver to back him into the water.

Some people's children. I guess after they have a few mishaps at the ramp their priorities will change, but until then, I sure wish they would find a better radio station to listen to.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

Default People who block the ramp..........

I wish Bucksaw would post some signs designating rigging areas so that people would stop pulling up and blocking half the area to turn around at the ramp. Some people just don't have a clue! Don't they ever stop to think about how many folks have a hard enough time driving forward, much less going in reverse with a boat on the trailer???? :rolleyes:

These jokers pull up into position so that they can back down the ramp, then two or three people hop out of the truck and unload every possible item they ever had in the truck and off load it to the boat along with small children and dogs.......eventually getting everything loaded and the entire time they are doing this the rest of us are restricted to using only two sides of the ramp instead of three. Sometimes another idiot will pull up and do the same thing and now there's only one skimpy little trail to get down to the ramp with one boat at a time!!!!

Just makes me want to scream!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Novice View Post
    I wish Bucksaw would post some signs designating rigging areas so that people would stop pulling up and blocking half the area to turn around at the ramp. Some people just don't have a clue! Don't they ever stop to think about how many folks have a hard enough time driving forward, much less going in reverse with a boat on the trailer???? :rolleyes:

These jokers pull up into position so that they can back down the ramp, then two or three people hop out of the truck and unload every possible item they ever had in the truck and off load it to the boat along with small children and dogs.......eventually getting everything loaded and the entire time they are doing this the rest of us are restricted to using only two sides of the ramp instead of three. Sometimes another idiot will pull up and do the same thing and now there's only one skimpy little trail to get down to the ramp with one boat at a time!!!!

Just makes me want to scream!!!!

AMEN NOVICE!!! AMEN!!!

Post Thanks / Like

totally agree! it's one thing to have a boat not start, but to get all your gear loaded up sideways in front of a 3-wide ramp is just silly... should be a ticketable offense. at lease bucksaw is free :-)
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Bucksaw is free and we spend a lot of money there getting bait and eating at the restaurant. We do our part to support them in appreciation of being able to use the ramp for free and we also keep ourselves out of everyone elses way while getting ready to unload and after loading back up.

I agree, when you're having motor issues or other problems, sometimes it can't be helped but once you decide the motor needs more work, pull it out of the way and go work on it somewhere else!!!!

AND the problem isn't just at Bucksaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Novice View Post
    Yes, Bucksaw is free and we spend a lot of money there getting bait and eating at the restaurant. We do our part to support them in appreciation of being able to use the ramp for free and we also keep ourselves out of everyone elses way while getting ready to unload and after loading back up.

I agree, when you're having motor issues or other problems, sometimes it can't be helped but once you decide the motor needs more work, pull it out of the way and go work on it somewhere else!!!!

AND the problem isn't just at Bucksaw.
    LOL DID SOMEONE SAY STATE PARK MARINA AT PITTSBURG, MO? OPPS I THINK I JUST DID!

Post Thanks / Like

You did type that outloud!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast