Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Friday Night adventure with Fishboy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday Night adventure with Fishboy

I called Tearem up last minute about 5 30 friday nite to see if he wanted to join me to try our winter millpond spillway spot, which we never try in the summer? (I did try it on thur night though and caught 3 small crappie and one bass. Wanted to try it again with some live minnows since some guy was there who told me i just missed a guy who caught several nice crappie on minnows. this fellow who was talking to me had a real nice stringer of redears when he left and dumb me didnt even notice what he was using but thats somthing to explore more too, probably this week.) well he was intrested but said lets hook up the slab cab and hit our private lake we have been fishing lately, no problem, Uturn and hook up and on the lake by 6 20, with his son Matt(fishboy). well let me tell you we have been wanting to see how the evening action was there and we were not disapointed, until it got dark and shut completly down???? not what we expected but we sure caught crappie good for about 1 1/2 hours, fishboy caught the most, kept tearem up and me busy just rebaiting and unhooking fish for him, which was fun. lost track of how many total but i am guessing between all 3 of us 30 crappie, bass, y perch and one nice bullhead this time right as it was getting dark. matt really enjoyed getting to know the bullhead better. we caught most of the fish trolling on a blue and white tube jig, and i was using a small creme soft body minnow in a dark color, if i had any brains i would have switched to a blue one since this seems to be the color on the lake. fun night though, hows everyone else doing out there on delmarva??

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Glad yawl got on 'em!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that was a fun night , looks like it might be stormy this fri. might be a good night to cut up crab bait.