Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dumb question #2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumb question #2

I am sure somebody beat me to # 1 Ha Ha, Ok crappie are slow in small lake pond kids are fishing at, but some of channel cats are biting mainly on nitecreepers with shrimp a distance 3rd. Question was gonna try chicken livers (fair luck in past) when neighbor offers me some beef liver says been in freezer a year & they don't like it. Has anybody tried using beef liver for channels?? any ideas plse, I used to use ground hamburger years ago on local river drifting it down stream with good luck in summer. Any hepl plse?
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    I am sure somebody beat me to # 1 Ha Ha, Ok crappie are slow in small lake pond kids are fishing at, but some of channel cats are biting mainly on nitecreepers with shrimp a distance 3rd. Question was gonna try chicken livers (fair luck in past) when neighbor offers me some beef liver says been in freezer a year & they don't like it. Has anybody tried using beef liver for channels?? any ideas plse, I used to use ground hamburger years ago on local river drifting it down stream with good luck in summer. Any hepl plse?
    The beef will work just fine. If it's a pond you'd probably do quite well with some cut bluegill, too.

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Liver of any kind will usually work. I think it's the bloodiness of liver, not what kind of animal it's from.
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies & Good Fishin & Catchin to You
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

They like gizzards also. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

who would waste a good gizzard on an ole cat fish lol

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    I have taken both along and usually for some reason chicken livers works better. May have just been the lake though.

Post Thanks / Like

The catfish here in Idaho go crazy over crickets. My neighbor went out him and his son caught 50 channels on crickets. Find some crickets and hang on.

Post Thanks / Like

We use to use congealed blood, beef/pork let it set out in the sun for about a week. We used it on droplines mostly it was a killer on catfish, and smelled to high heaven.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'all are gonna hate me for this, but I gotta tell ya. My brother uses the cheapest chicken hot dogs, cut to about an inch long, and catches buckets of cats in the ponds outside Atlanta. Liver, huh?
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around