Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian Island

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indian Island

Put in at Osage Bluff Friday 9 am & managed to catch a limit off of 1 brush pile. Then went looking for new water to fish & found a tree top that gave up some nice fish. The biggest was 15 1/2 inches & 1.4 lb.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, I need to go down and check those brush piles out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sparrowfoot Pics

A few more pics from Sat at Sparrowfoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Job

Could you move that brush pile over on the grand...........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Could you move that brush pile over on the grand...........
    Would be glad to if you show me were you & EE put in your brush piles.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default You will have to talk to EE

he makes me fish blind folded and I can only go by feel, don't get to watch my line........ he is stubborn............ but u know E...........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Nice JJ you must of had Mrs. JJ with you and not Matt. LOL Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Gary - Just made it back home, and wanted to say THANKS for pointing Nicky and I to the island for today! :D:D Hot shower at the campground felt good last night, and we hit the water early this morning in search of that elusive brushpile of yours... couldn't find it, but did take several off the outermost trees right there where you described, then moved around to those small coves you pointed out - picked up a few more there. Lots of dinks in between. Finally tried some trees near that rocky point on the northern tip of the island, and took 9 more keepers out of one set of trees in about an hour to finish my limit and close out the day for us. Nick ended up with 5 keepers on a light bite. Had a couple whack it, but picked up almost all my fish as they were just mouthing it on the drop.

I'm convinced that new 10' Ozark rod I picked up Sat afternoon at Everharts helped me immensely today, too (thanks to Jared for helping me pick out the right one!).

All in all, a whole lot better day fishing today than Saturday. Oh, and thanks for the freezer donation too... Together with what we cleaned today, wife was excited that we've now got enough again for a decent fish fry next weekend
    Last edited by rlsiv; 07-26-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW, thats the best loooking fish I've seen in a while! great job. I was going to take a week off but looking at those pigs I reckon I'll have to give Missouri more revenue in gas
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Whose Crestliner is that with the tiller Merc on it?????????? I see it ALOT around Hay Creek. I think it was there Friday as well as the day Bob and I fished Truman on our way home from Kansas.
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast