Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ozark Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ozark Rods

The Rods are great but the customer service sucks! I bought my first Ozark at camp and ended up with 2 since I traded another rod to JJ for a second one. I did not have a reel for it so I bought a new reel for it and the first time out I dropped a compartment lid on the tip section of a 10 footer. Called them to get a replacement and gave them my credit card number and they said they did not have any but would check with Tony and may bust a set up and send me one. Called a 2nd time (1 week later) and they say they sent it. Called a 3rd time (another week later) and they said they would check on it and call me back. Still waiting on the call, I wish they just would have said we don't have them and I would have just bought a new rod. Fishing tomorrow for the 3rd weekend and still no Ozark so I guess I will buy and Outlaw an put the new reel on it. I know most of you have had good service but to me their service SUCKS! Sorry I just had to vent since I went out to get my boat ready for tomorrow and still don't have the rod I wanted to try.
    Last edited by Pole Bender; 07-25-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are you calling to get the replacement? Tony's store? I can hook you up with a replacement tip until you get one. Or a whole rod replacement if needed until you get something worked out. I have plenty that is for sure. Just traded an Outlaw for an Ozark this morning. Not sure how to get it to you though. If you are coming up this way and still need it let me know.
    Last edited by Jigging15; 07-25-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Where are you calling to get the replacement? Tony's store? I can hook you up with a replacement tip until you get one. Or a whole rod replacement if needed until you get something worked out. I have plenty that is for sure. Just traded an Outlaw for an Ozark this morning. Not sure how to get it to you though. If you are coming up this way and still need it let me know.
    Thanks Jared I really appreciate it just going to try an Outlaw since I can pick one up tomorrow. I put this in the other post but I will bring you both sections of the Ozark I am frustrated with them right now and I cannot get one close to Joplin so they won’t get any business from me right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom....Sorry things haven't worked out. I would be willing to help if I could. Give me your credit card info and let me see what kind of MAGIC I can work!!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

What a deal that would be. Bender you give your credit card to frosty you will have a inerest in nibbles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    The Rods are great but the customer service sucks! I bought my first Ozark at camp and ended up with 2 since I traded another rod to JJ for a second one. I did not have a reel for it so I bought a new reel for it and the first time out I dropped a compartment lid on the tip section of a 10 footer. Called them to get a replacement and gave them my credit card number and they said they did not have any but would check with Tony and may bust a set up and send me one. Called a 2nd time (1 week later) and they say they sent it. Called a 3rd time (another week later) and they said they would check on it and call me back. Still waiting on the call, I wish they just would have said we don't have them and I would have just bought a new rod. Fishing tomorrow for the 3rd weekend and still no Ozark so I guess I will buy and Outlaw an put the new reel on it. I know most of you have had good service but to me their service SUCKS! Sorry I just had to vent since I went out to get my boat ready for tomorrow and still don't have the rod I wanted to try.
    Tom,
    Wish i would have know about this. Kenny Holland works for Tony when he is gone. Kenny is a heck of a nice guy but could use some grooming.
    I will try to get to the bottom for you.
    You can call me 660-596-1801. I have left a message on Tony's cell phone.