Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Moving to KC area ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Moving to KC area ?

I might be moving to the KC,Mo. area with my job . I'm looking into Platte and Clay counties . Smithville, Platte City and Liberty are towns I'm thinking about moving to . I like the small town atmosphere near good hunting and fishing , yet close to work in north KC .
    I could use some more info on these towns and any more small towns in the area . Any suggestions would be appreciated . I don't have kids in school .

Post Thanks / Like

Kearney is a nice town near Liberty....Rgers sporting

Post Thanks / Like

Smithville , Liberty , kearney any of these are nice towns and not to far from smithville lake. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

What about the Deer hunting in the area around Smithville ?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't hunted deer since leaving WI 15 years ago and moving to Kearney. My nephew went on some of their property this last fall. Got one just after available light. Didn't know what to do next! Man, that was a funny story. Guess you need to know this kid.

Anyway...judging by the number of @#)*$* deer on the sides of the road (or standing upright in the middle of the road!!!) there's plenty to be harvested. Come on by!! I don't know of "public access" hunting areas around here, but I know plenty of people who hunt that I could put you in touch with.

If you get a chance you can check out more about Kearney here.

Good luck with your job transfer....if it pans out, look us up. We can show you around if you get up here to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the info , guys . It has been a great help ! I hope I get the transfer so I can seek out the fishing and hunting opportunities in Mo. ,as well as meet some of the crappie.com members in the area.
    Thank you .

Post Thanks / Like

Ton of deer hunting around here...hard to get access to private land....the high price leases haven't caught on yet,but most private landowners hunt their own land.Not a lot of trophy bucks,but plenty of shooters,and if your wanting meat...well..doe tags are 7$ if that tells ya anything.
    Rabbits are on the upswing of the 7 years cycle,quail are in bad shap,phesant ya gotta go 1 county north to be legal,tree rats are everywhere,plenty of ducks if ya spend the time scouting,large and lesser geese are stinking everywhere.Dove opens sept.1,thats always fun.'yotes always are around for yer .223.Plenty of possum/coon/beaver/bobcats if yer into trapping.

Uhhhh,it can get a little chilly here in the winter,snow ain't to bad,but those 5 degree days with a 30 mph north breeze will make ya zip up your coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    Ton of deer hunting around here...hard to get access to private land....the high price leases haven't caught on yet,but most private landowners hunt their own land.Not a lot of trophy bucks,but plenty of shooters,and if your wanting meat...well..doe tags are 7$ if that tells ya anything.
    Rabbits are on the upswing of the 7 years cycle,quail are in bad shap,phesant ya gotta go 1 county north to be legal,tree rats are everywhere,plenty of ducks if ya spend the time scouting,large and lesser geese are stinking everywhere.Dove opens sept.1,thats always fun.'yotes always are around for yer .223.Plenty of possum/coon/beaver/bobcats if yer into trapping.

Uhhhh,it can get a little chilly here in the winter,snow ain't to bad,but those 5 degree days with a 30 mph north breeze will make ya zip up your coat.
    Thanks for the info . I'm originally from Mi. , so I'm used to snow and cold weather .
    I'm an avid bowhunter for Deer , but I miss Pheasant hunting .