Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fished Harrison County Lake recently?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fished Harrison County Lake recently?

Just wondering. Been awhile since I fished it last. Did last month once I got back from filming hunts in Africa. Seemed like the bigger 11-14"fish were ALOT harder to come by than in years past. We spent a day fishing and ended up with 51 "keepers" around 10". God bless.
    "Confidence in your God given abilities will add more crappie to your daily limit!"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ive never fished it but have heard some good things about it last year .Heard it has large crappie do you fish it much. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

now your talkin!! I live in Bethany and the county lake is all I fish! crappie bite has been pretty decent but only catching smaller ones, every once in awhile we hook into 13-15 inchers, been fishing in the open flats at the north end in 8-15 FOW usually troll around til I find em on the cheater box then drop anchor and drop a jig or minner, they havent been picky as to what color, took my boys wed morning and boated 14 in about an hour. also been doing good just trolling in a circle in that same area with a red eye shad crankbait, have caught several crappie but also hook into bass and channel cat, I`m usually there sun, tues or wed have a red and silver javelin boat and drive a black ford crew cab and thats usually where I will be found on the lake, if your up on those days and see me on the lake give me a hollar and I ll give ya more details. a couple more notes,,,if you use minners bring em with ya cuz theres no place up here to get any except for the gas station in alta mont and lately theres been green sh---t on the water so make sure ya wash yer boat down asap or it will be stained from that stuff and I`ll help ya all I can up here if ya`ll help me out with smithville,,never fished it before
    Last edited by JohnnyLaw; 07-23-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. We never fish minnows(old school I know), but usually run a double jig rig with two 1/32 oz. jigs. Like you said color doesn't matter. Not sure when I'll be up that way again(have to wait to go with friends who have a boat, I can catch PLENTY in farm ponds/small lakes around here, but it's always fun to explore/learn new water testing my style of fishing there). When I do head that way, I'll make sure to say hello. Thanks again. God bless.
    "Confidence in your God given abilities will add more crappie to your daily limit!"

Post Thanks / Like

My Big Fish Came From There 2 Years Ago 3.18 Pounds . Havent Been On It In Awhile , But I Too Have Noticed The Fish Seem Small This And Last Year Still Good 10' -13' I Love That Lake . But Who The Hell Cut All The Standing Timber Out Of The Cove At The North End ?
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

That would be because there is a certain fellow from Kearney who fishes it all the time. He has caught them all!!!:D

Funny lake if you ask me, it seems to me that there is two area's that hold the good fish and other than that I can not catch a Crappie anywhere else on the lake????

Could be just me though?

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

It is a fun lake to fish and it does get lotsa pressure in the spring, I talked to several folks that boated 100+ fish at the north end cove this spring but no bigguns ,,hate to say it but theres been so much pressure on the lake and so many bigguns kept I think they should put a size limit on for a year or two let sum get bigger, I got sum in the freezer so I just been throwin em back so they can grow up:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMo View Post
    That would be because there is a certain fellow from Kearney who fishes it all the time. He has caught them all!!!:D

Funny lake if you ask me, it seems to me that there is two area's that hold the good fish and other than that I can not catch a Crappie anywhere else on the lake????

Could be just me though?

Lee
    lee dont over look the shallow water , :D i have always picked them up in 5 fow or less in the very back of the north cove going into the creek
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCBALLER View Post
    lee dont over look the shallow water , :D i have always picked them up in 5 fow or less in the very back of the north cove going into the creek
    Sounds like were fishing the same spot then!!!!! Also have a spot across from the ramp in some deeper water that works well in Summer.

Post Thanks / Like

You know what will tweek yer shorts?? severeal times this spring the wife and I would tie off to the trees in the opening of the first cove right there at the handicap access, we would be jst right there across from people fishing off that pier and they would be pulling in fish like crazy, and there we sat just feet away and would get a bite here or a bite there this one ol timer was pulling in slabs on every cast and walked outta there with a bucket full! I thought my wife was gonna jump outta the boat swim across and kick his a$$:D

gotta admit tho, it sure is funny to see the ol timers get outta of their lil cars and walk out there with everything but the kitchen sink and then to fish ,and catch fish with sum little 10 cent POS lure:D

I usually stay outta the north cove, gets too crowded, can usually find me in the open waters across from the north cove tho.
    Last edited by JohnnyLaw; 07-25-2009 at 09:46 AM.