Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MTL - Report 7/22

Post Thanks / Like

Default MTL - Report 7/22

Went fishing on Mark Twain for the first time 7/22/09. I don't have a boat and I don't know much about the lake. So I went out with someone who has a boat and knows a ton about the lake. We were trolling crank baits in about 10' to 20' of water 8' to 10' down. My first time trolling cranks for crappie. It was a great day! We caught about 50 total while fishing from 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM. We only kept 20 fish all over 10'. With one "Black" being 14.25 inches long and weighed 1lb 13oz. The best part is my 10 year old son caught it!!!:D We also caught two 13" fish and several 11" crappie. This was the biggest crappie of his life. Crank bait of choice was a bomber Bill Dance Edition. I'm not sure what the color was called but it had some light blue, yellow and white on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

WTG! those are some nice fishes! glad to hear junior got the big one, he won't soon forget it :-)
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

The smile on that kid says it all! nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Haven't tried the cranks yet. I guess that's a good color to start with! Do you know where abouts your were trolling? If not, were you near bluffs on the main lake?
    Cameron Denison - St. Charles, MO
    Mississippi River Pool 26 | Mark Twain Lake
    White/Black Skeeter and I talk to everyone.
    Thump, Set the Hook!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice crappie!!! Congrats to your son on the catch!!!
    Blake

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Trolling cranks is an art. Have not tried it yet. I have located a couple of ledges here on Truman that I think it would be effective on. I have caught some slabs in the spring throwing Bandit to the bank though. Congrats on the catch and getting the boy out and making some memories.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Location for trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Camalama View Post
    Great report. Haven't tried the cranks yet. I guess that's a good color to start with! Do you know where abouts your were trolling? If not, were you near bluffs on the main lake?
    Sorry I have been on vacation in Montana for the last two weeks and just got a chance to read your post. We were fishing off of point "C" on the map I found. I hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome day and an even more awesome smile on that young mans face.........Very nice speck tell him ole bugman is jealous of that thumper.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

way to go montana, that boy did a great job. twain should really be good for the next couple of months , keep that youngin after em.