Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Storage?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Storage?

Looking For Ideas On How To Store Long Rods Without Breaking Them Down In My Shop.please Post Pics Of Your Setup.

Post Thanks / Like

inexpensive stamped steel shelf brackets screwed into wall studs.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

TOMMY4UA,
    I made 2 pole storage containers out of thick walled PVC pipe.
    I used 4" for one and 6" for the other. Depends on how many poles you want to store in each - and I guess you could get larger diameter pipe.
    The PVC comes in 10' lengths.
    I used a 10' section and then cut a 4' section and glued them together. Glued a cap on one end and a collar on the other to accept a screw in cap.
    Went to the farthest end, raised the pipe to the over head 2"X4"s and attached it with plumbers strapping. Put more strapping about the middle and then on the nearest end. Unscrewed the cap, put my poles in and they are kept away from the sunlight, water, dust, other peoples eyes,etc.
    Cost was minimal and time was like 45 minutes for each.
    And if anyone comes nosing around at night, very few will look up and fewer more will start unscrewing pipe caps to see what is inside (takes them too long)
    Now, it seems I have a lot less wear and tear on my poles and they seem to last a lot longer.
    1perchjerker

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It hangs from the ceiling right above my boat so I can stand in the boat to reach them....
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

J brackets to hold clothespole under wood shelving for reel end, then 4' away 1" cup hooks for the rod end. Use more at 4' intervals as necessary. Will post pics of mine this wknd, haven't damaged a rod since I started storing them this way 15 yrs ago. Screwed into 1x3 and attached to rafters, or directly into rafters- lots more holes though.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY4UA View Post
    Looking For Ideas On How To Store Long Rods Without Breaking Them Down In My Shop.please Post Pics Of Your Setup.
    How tall is your shop?
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

My rack is similar to rnvincs. I have a metal shop and I attached 2 -1by2s to metal ribs standing upright which are 5 ft. apart. I used 4 inch sheet metal screws spaced apart evenly screwed into wood. I dropped down 2 inches on the other side to allow space for reels. I have enough wall space to handle up to 12 ft. rods. I had some plastiv Ref. ice-maker hose that screwed on screws to cover the bare threads to protect rods. I have 4 favorite 12 fters that stay in my boat and are never broken down for storege, I have 3 driftmaster rod holders on each side of my boat. I lay rods in holders and use elastic pony tail holders to stretch around rods and rodholders. Very Stable. My boat is under cover when not in use. Must be lucky ive never broken any of my long rods. Bottombumper

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good idea rnvinc. See your wife makes you hang your deer mounts in the shop too.

Post Thanks / Like

Some great ideas so far. Any more?
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Foot View Post
    Pretty good idea rnvinc. See your wife makes you hang your deer mounts in the shop too.
    We do what we have to....to keep the queen happy....
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor