Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ccw Info When Traveling Out Of State

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ccw Info When Traveling Out Of State

SOME OF US HAVE CCW PERMITS AND CARRY CONCEALED GUNS FULL TIME. WIFE AND I BOTH HAVE OUR PERMITS AND BOTH OF US CARRY FULL TIME. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHARE THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE THAT GIVES INFORMATION ON OTHER STATES AND WHAT IS NEEDED TO BE LEGAL IN OTHER STATES WHEN YOU ARE TRAVELING THRU THEM OR TO THEM.

Carry Concealed

Post Thanks / Like

That IS a good site, DMW. I've used it for trip planning before.

Was it you on here a few months ago that was interested in seeing a Ruger LCP?
    If so, it looks like I'll be at Truman this weekend, and mine almost always tags along.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post

If so, it looks like I'll be at Truman this weekend, and mine almost always tags along.
    I LIKED THE PICTURE THAT WAS POSTED ON IT ABOUT THE GUY WHO SHOT THE TOILET OUT FROM UNDER HIMSELF!

NOPE NOT ME! I EITHER CARRY A S&W 9MM OR A KEL TEC 32 CAL. WIFE CARRIES A 9 MM GLOCK. ONE OF MINE IS ALWAYS ON ME. LAST YEAR WIFE AND I WERE PUTTING IN ONE MORNING AT PITTSBURG STATE PARK ON POMME DE TERRE. THE SHERIFFS DEPUTIES WERE LOOKING FOR A GUY WHO HAD STABBED ANOTHER GUY DOWN IN ANOTHER CAMPING AREA. GLAD I HAD THE S&W ON ME THAT MORNING.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    I LIKED THE PICTURE THAT WAS POSTED ON IT ABOUT THE GUY WHO SHOT THE TOILET OUT FROM UNDER HIMSELF!

NOPE NOT ME! I EITHER CARRY A S&W 9MM OR A KEL TEC 32 CAL. WIFE CARRIES A 9 MM GLOCK. ONE OF MINE IS ALWAYS ON ME. LAST YEAR WIFE AND I WERE PUTTING IN ONE MORNING AT PITTSBURG STATE PARK ON POMME DE TERRE. THE SHERIFFS DEPUTIES WERE LOOKING FOR A GUY WHO HAD STABBED ANOTHER GUY DOWN IN ANOTHER CAMPING AREA. GLAD I HAD THE S&W ON ME THAT MORNING.
    Dang! I just keep mine on me in case I catch one of those big 'ole Truman slabs and have to subdue it.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang! I just keep mine on me in case I catch one of those big 'ole Truman slabs and have to subdue it.
    I WISH THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON I CARRIED A GUN ON ME! WITH THE WAYS THINGS ARE GETTING HERE IN SPRINGFIELD, MO I CARRY A GUN FOR SELF PROTECTION PERIOD. THE KUM AND GO AT NATIONAL AND NORTON ROAD HAS BEEN ROBBED ABOUT EVERY 3 WEEKS. I GET GAS THERE BEFORE ANY FISHING TRIPS BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO THE HOUSE. I FIGURE WITH ME GASSING AT 3 AM MY TIME WILL COME UP ONE DAY. WITH THE BUDGET CUTBACKS OF THE POLICE AND GREENE COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE ALOT OF TIMES THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH OFFICERS AVAILABLE TO JUST BACK UP EACH OF THEM ON CALLS. AND RESPONSE TIME FOR POLICE REPORTS CAN RANGE FROM ANY WHERE FROM 30 MINUTES TO OVER 4 HOURS.

BUT IT IS ALSO THE SAME OR WORSE IN HICKORY COUNTY WHERE LAKE POMME DE TERRE IS LOCATED. ALOT OF TIMES UP THERE DURING THE WEEK THERE IS ONLY ONE SHERIFFS DEPUTY ON DUTY AT NIGHT FOR THE WHOLE COUNTY AND BACKUP IS AT LEAST 30 MINUTES AWAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Default that's what i carry

i've got the LCP with a crimson trace laser, just love it for it's small size! got some nasty bullets in it too

about that map, i've seen maps like that before, now new york and california i can understand not recognizing a MO permit, but why not iowa and nebraska? those seem to be gun friendly states...??? and i've used the map for planning trips too. headed to arkansas for some trout on the white river in a couple weeks and it looks like i'll be legal there too.

the more people who are packn, the safer it is! law abiders don't get background check and register weapons to commit crimes. if i were a robber, i would never hold-up a place where all the patrons are strapped, i'm just sayn...
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camo_boat View Post
    ...the more people who are packn, the safer it is! law abiders don't get background check and register weapons to commit crimes. if i were a robber, i would never hold-up a place where all the patrons are strapped, i'm just sayn...
    Not to mention having to file our fingerprints with the state/fed, etc...

Back when I lived in TX, it was open carry... blew my mind the first couple of times I was in WalMart or someplace and passed a guy with a big ole hogleg revolver swinging from his hip.
    I'll admit the fact that a lot of Texans carry DID cross my mind once in awhile when I was tempted to flip somebody off in traffic. No wonder Texans are so well mannered. :D

Post Thanks / Like

You're right.
    An armed public is a more polite public.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

When we were in CO it was open carry, too. It was always fun to see if anyone had anything bigger than my S&W .44 on their hip. Those were the days.... Rocky Mountain High.............. :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Novice View Post
    When we were in CO it was open carry, too. It was always fun to see if anyone had anything bigger than my S&W .44 on their hip. Those were the days.... Rocky Mountain High.............. :p
    LOL IT DON'T TAKE A CANNON TO KILL SOMEONE NOVICE! GRANTED AS BAD AS I SHOOT I MIGHT NEED ONE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast