PDA

View Full Version : More tourney help please

Mo'nBack
09-24-2005, 06:46 PM
With our first tourney happening on Oct 8, I was wondering from those of you that have been in tourneys if you are supplied with a bag to bring your fish to the weigh-in or do they leave that up to you? I checked with BPS and their cheapest are 5 for $6.00 which is a little high if we should be supplying them. I was wondering if maybe a bunch of onion or potatoe sacks would work? This is to be an open tourney to help promote our new crappie club and we expect a pretty good turnout. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TAE73
09-24-2005, 07:46 PM
The few that I have fished, we always had to bring our own container to get from the livewell to the weight in line. A 5 gallon bucket or cooler works well, usually most tournaments want the fish alive when you weigh. So a onion sack would not work very well.

jfraley
09-25-2005, 02:08 PM
I have never been to a tourney that supplied the bags.

Mo'nBack
09-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks a bunch TAE and JF. We have never been in any tournaments and wasn't sure if we had to supply bags for people to get their fish to weigh-in. You've got us re-thinking our approach, saving us money, and not having to find bags. We'll probably be asking for more help in the next year while we get started and I know that you and others will be a great help to us.