Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: More tourney help please

Post Thanks / Like

Default More tourney help please

With our first tourney happening on Oct 8, I was wondering from those of you that have been in tourneys if you are supplied with a bag to bring your fish to the weigh-in or do they leave that up to you? I checked with BPS and their cheapest are 5 for $6.00 which is a little high if we should be supplying them. I was wondering if maybe a bunch of onion or potatoe sacks would work? This is to be an open tourney to help promote our new crappie club and we expect a pretty good turnout. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

The few that I have fished, we always had to bring our own container to get from the livewell to the weight in line. A 5 gallon bucket or cooler works well, usually most tournaments want the fish alive when you weigh. So a onion sack would not work very well.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to a tourney that supplied the bags.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks a bunch TAE and JF. We have never been in any tournaments and wasn't sure if we had to supply bags for people to get their fish to weigh-in. You've got us re-thinking our approach, saving us money, and not having to find bags. We'll probably be asking for more help in the next year while we get started and I know that you and others will be a great help to us.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns