Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Unfortunate situation with large Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unfortunate situation with large Crappie

My son caught a 16" long, 15" girth black crappy in 2004. We had it registerd for the "blue book" in Minnesota with a mistaken weight of 1# 4oz......we didn't catch the mitake made by the registration station until recently to find that ths pig would have weighed a little over 3 pounds and probably would hve won the contest for Minnesota that year. Wish I knew how to rectify this error.....other taking the picture/dimensions and getting a replica made, ...anyone have any idea on what they would do in this situation.
    Last edited by trwec; 07-21-2009 at 02:18 PM.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

sadly....probably nothing. The only time you had to back it up was when they weighed the fish and recorded the weight. Now the record is wrong and no positve way to prove it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Other than the fact that I do have a copy of the registration form that has the dimensions with the incorrect weight. Shame on me for not catching it right away....I feel terrible for my son....I'm pretty sure he would have won the contest that year and ended up with a nice prize of some sort.....I'm going to invest in the replication mount for him and have a nice plaque inscribed......memories

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trwec View Post
    Other than the fact that I do have a copy of the registration form that has the dimensions with the incorrect weight. Shame on me for not catching it right away....I feel terrible for my son....I'm pretty sure he would have won the contest that year and ended up with a nice prize of some sort.....I'm going to invest in the replication mount for him and have a nice plaque inscribed......memories
    That would be real nice for him. You are welcome here

Old Ship says hello.

I am glad that you cast a line to this forum and I also extend a welcome you on behalf of all the members. Welcome from Alabama. "Shipahoy and I'll see you on the water."
    http://www.fishin4crappie.com
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the welcome Ship..... he was only 7 and handled the fight from start to finish all by himself...it did give him a tussle.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trwec View Post

There ya go....you guys know what it was...they cannot take that away from ya. Nice fish and congradulations on the catch.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get the girth of a big crappie a friend caught this year, but it was 17" long and weighed 3 lb. 4 oz. Your's was probably fatter than his.

Post Thanks / Like

When its done post a pic of it,that would be cool!!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Dude that really bites. But at least you know how big it was and have the photo's. Other than that I don't think much would be done with it.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember if we took the pictures with digital or not......if I did, i'll post them soon....otherwise I'll post pictures of the mount when it's done....could be a while for that though......