Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Question Humminbird GPS

I've read a lot of unhappy comments about how the Humminbirds with side imaging are slow to update their GPS, but what about the regular Humminbirds? Are they slow on the GPS as well, or is this just a problem with the side imaging models?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope the problem is all units, very slow. Garmin has the gps technolgy down pat, wish HB would use the same system for getting back to way points as garmin. I use my sidescan to find stuff then mark it with the garmin to get back to later on.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

A handheld Garmin 76 sure makes a great seeing eye dog for my HB997. As you know the handheld Garmins were originally designed for walking thru forest, fields etc., maybe? that's why they work so good.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the link in the electronic section on the icast 2009 humminbird lineup for 2010. new models with faster processors and software update that is supposed to eliminate the gps update issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldwhiskers View Post
    Check out the link in the electronic section on the icast 2009 humminbird lineup for 2010. new models with faster processors and software update that is supposed to eliminate the gps update issue.
    I was wanting to order one, but maybe I'll wait till next year if that's the case.