Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm confused

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm confused

Just to get it straight in my mind about the tickets wrote at Toronto. You were guilty and admit to it. I guess the problem is that the warden DID'NT make you leave the lake to correct it. The warden even gave you a whistle & called to see if you had your registration papers, which he did'nt have to do. Now all this has turn into a "BASH" Kansas, their lakes, businesses, their people & their life styles. You don't live here but you are willing to bash Kansas all because some of you broke Kansas laws. It just seems to me some of you were just waiting to find something to bash Kansas about. I could almost understand this if we were talking about sports,,, but fishing??? So, what is it??? Are you mad about the tickets or about the wardens kindness to allow you to stay on the water and not write you citations for the other infractions?<*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I think the beef is that the warden was bending the rules by allowing him to use a life jacket as a throwable.....AFTER he issued a ticket.

Not a warning.

The warden used no descretion....which all peace officers are allowed. He wrote the ticket......then he re-wrote the rule book by allowing a life jacket to be a substitute as a throwable.

Lesson learned from this BOZO.......put a life jacket and a ticket together and you have yerself a throwable.

I wonder what you can substitute as a fire extinguisher???? Maybe and empty QT cup with a ticket?????

Just sayin.

Ohhh and the Gayhawks suk!!!:D
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

It is unfortunate that these tickets put a damper on the fun this weekend.
    I found this information in less than 1 minute on google.
    Kansas boat regulations - Google Search
    It would be a good idea to do this for any state you are not familiar with before boating or fishing.
    I think some are missing Beagles point. Yea, he thought that if the infraction warranted a $186 ticket then he should have been asked to leave the water or pointed to the nearest marina to purchase one before continuing his boating.
    I also think that the water patrol "picking on" out of state boaters would be pretty common an any state, not just KS, its easier to gather some revenue. If it was a genuine concern for safety, then a life vest wouldn't have "magically" became a throw able flotation device.
    Just my $.02
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

its looks to me like kansas has the same LAWS as missouri

Post Thanks / Like

Kansas sucks

Post Thanks / Like

Default 16' and longer boats in MO

MO has the same requirements as KS. in the flotation devices and sound devices ????

You have to have the PFD one per person and one throwable and a sound device (horn/whistle).

That's how it reads to me after Googling it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt View Post
    Just to get it straight in my mind about the tickets wrote at Toronto. You were guilty and admit to it. I guess the problem is that the warden DID'NT make you leave the lake to correct it. The warden even gave you a whistle & called to see if you had your registration papers, which he did'nt have to do. Now all this has turn into a "BASH" Kansas, their lakes, businesses, their people & their life styles. You don't live here but you are willing to bash Kansas all because some of you broke Kansas laws. It just seems to me some of you were just waiting to find something to bash Kansas about. I could almost understand this if we were talking about sports,,, but fishing??? So, what is it??? Are you mad about the tickets or about the wardens kindness to allow you to stay on the water and not write you citations for the other infractions?<*)}}}><
    Chatt, your right on this. Sorry you went to the trouble to get a camp together and then have to see all this. I agree with you. It is the law pure and simple. Luckily they got to stay and fish. You will not make everyone happy especially when money is involved. Was the warden right? Who knows but he is the one who writes the tickets and says what you can do. I would have been more upset with my ownself rather than blame the state of Kansas. They just need more bait stores is my only gripe!!!!!! LOL

Once again thanks for putting it togehter along with the others that did too.

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

if you buckle up a life jacket, i'll bet you can throw it just as far as a "throwable" cushion. with a "legal" substitution to the infraction, then why wasn't a warning ticket issued???

that's what the fuss is about. not the lakes, the people, the businesses, and the lifestyles of folks from KS??? the lakes received an honest fishing report, fair and square. the only 2 people i saw mentioned were the law enforcement and the person who said someone from MO was keeping short fish. never saw anything about a KS business or KS lifestyle??? not one complaint about KS sissy beer or the way JOCO folks drive their SUV's :-)

and if your boat has a horn, why would you need a whistle, that is just plain silly.

bottom line is that MO folks went to KS and had a bad experience with the law and they may not go back for a while. Freedom of Speech.
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

If I may offer a couple points:

1) I was at Toronto a week prior to the party you'all had this past weekend. I was issued a citation also. The GW exhibited a poor boatside demeanor. He was hellbent on issuing a ticket and he was going to let you know all 5'4" of him was the boss. He grilled me on every single law that was on the books, both fishing and boating, and for every single one, except one, I was compliant and courteous. It should have been a warning. I had 2 of my 3 young boys in the boat and as far as I'm concerned it was a wasted opportunity to interface with future lisense buyers and taxpayers of the state. If he would have issued a warning and then "held out a firemans boot" like Jerry Lewis does, I would have gladly scraped my pockets to assist. It is not a secret that KDWP is underfunded and is "trolling" for money. It has to be policy out of Pratt to "write tickets/raise revenue". IMO, it is a poor choice if we are looking at it from a business standpoint. It is short sided and exaserbates the revenue problem. The tickets that were written that I have read about were minor infractions, as was mine, and PR could have gone alot further. It's akin to driving 2mph over the speed limit which I'm sure the GW did on his way home that night.

Just some ideas that come to my mind about this topic. If you don't feel the way that I do, I'm fine with that. I just think the the KDWP is a poorly run and administered department.
    Last edited by bugman; 07-21-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely articulate and well thought out post! Nice job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast