Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long Lining

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Lining

I got my hands on a trolling plate that fits on the gas motor to slow the boat speed down. Anyone every use them from long lining jigs out the back of the boat. Also is it hard fishing by yourself long lining jigs ?

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

CC is you have auto pilot LLT out of the back of the boat is gonna be easier and funner. I'm new to it myself and WISH I had the auto pilot feature JUST so I could get to the back of the boat and fish. AS for a trolling plate for pulling jigs, I just use the trolling motor OR the WIND or a combination of both. Wait, if you are using the big motor you will be in the back anyway. Any kind of rod holders will work on the back but I made these just for LLT horsehead jigs. The only problem is letting go of the big wheel long enough to get the pole that has a fish if it's far away. That and tangles. Multiple fish shouldn't be too much of a problem as the boat is going to set the hook and then just pull them along for the ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

it might work OK , how big is your motor?

i long line all the time by myself, it might be hard at first but when you figure it out you'll do just fine

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just really all depends on how slow it will go with it on. .07 to 1.3 is a good range to work with. Let us know how it works

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits