Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have to have a whistle in KS?

Post Thanks / Like

Default You have to have a whistle in KS?

I have been fishing KS (including Toronto, Fall River, Big hill) for years, and have been checked a half dozen times, and have never heard of a whistle regulation. I was checked this year on Big Hill and was given a boat saftey inspection and passed with no whistle. I do know this much, you better have your stuff in order when you whitetail hunt. They will come to your stand and check you...been there!

Post Thanks / Like

That is a stupid regulation, if you are on the water and there ain't anyone around who is going to hear you blow the whistle. Kind of like a tree falling in the forest, if no one is around does it make a noise when it hits the ground.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

You have to have a horn or a whistle on your boat when you are on any public lake or river. Lost mine on the way to toronto but the game warden gave me one when I was checked. Beagleman got a whistle too but they charged him $186.00 for it.
    Last edited by Bigby; 07-21-2009 at 07:01 AM.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    You have to have a horn or a whistle on your boat when you are on any public lake or river. Lost mine on the way to toronto but the game warden gave me one when I was checked. Beagleman got a whistle too but they charged him a $186.00 for it.
    Sorry Beagle, but thats funny stuff :D
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Our Boat Has A Horn Factory Installed On Our Lowe Boat, Which I Think If I Had To Depend On It To Save My Life I Would Be Out Of Luck! My Inflatable Vest Has A Whistle On It, There Again If I Had To Depend On It To Save My Life, I Feel I Would Be Out Of Luck!

You Tell Me Who Is Going To Hear A Horn Or A Whistle Unless Your Less Than A Quarter Of A Mile Away? Wind, Waves, Trolling Motor And Maybe A Radio On, Or Even Without The Radio On I Have A Hard Time Hearing My Partner Or My Wife In The Back Seat!

Fact Is I Am Thinking About Getting A Flair Gun For Our Boat, Or One Of Those Canned Air Horns To Feel Safer.

Post Thanks / Like

Well they didnt give me anything and charged me $186 bucks guess he must have liked Beagles singing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAMOCATCHER View Post
    Well they didnt give me anything and charged me $186 bucks guess he must have liked Beagles singing
    Beagle is a rock star! He just doesn't know it. He serenaded everyone around Saturday. Thanks, Michael, for having me in your boat. I enjoyed fishing with ya. Let's do it again.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagles new song WHY IS EVERYONE PICKIN ON ME. To everyone at camp enjoyed meeting everyone had a good time. later

Post Thanks / Like

camocatcher lets do truman
    your welcome bob lets do truman
    you to buzzy
    mo quack you just aint right
    bigby if you wasnt so big naw funny stuff

I hear the train a comming

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    camocatcher lets do truman
    your welcome bob lets do truman
    you to buzzy
    mo quack you just aint right
    bigby if you wasnt so big naw funny stuff

I hear the train a comming
    HEY when you doing Truman? I want to go! Just can't this weekend I am dusting off my golf clubs to play in a football fund raiser. Should be interesting, hope I don't hit anyone with a golf ball. Brings something to mind in golf FOUR means to look out a golf ball is coming your way. Why is there not a word like this for fishing??:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast