Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how to stay tied up to bridge or columms?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to stay tied up to bridge or columms?

I am trying to figure out how to stay put so I can fish bridge support columns. I tried two anchors, but the current is too hard. I do not see a way to tie to anything above or around the columns themselves. What methods should I try?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

We use 2x4 with a hole in the center just stick them between the beams tie off to your boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Could you give me a little more detail please. Sounds interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Cut 2 2x4 the width between the beams drill a hole in the center tie your rope off if you can reach these beams by hand just put it between the beams & tie to the front & rear of your boat. if the beams are out of reach you,ll have to make ya something to place your boards to reach these beams i made mine out of (pvc) but i could reach one probaly 15 foot high.

Post Thanks / Like

Use a cord and tie to a float or foam and throw it around the column and let it float around the column. drop back and pick it up and then tie to a rope. Pull rope around and put a slip knot in the end of the rope and then pull tight. keep the knot tight so it won't slip so easy. Have the knot so that when it is pulled it will pull tight and stop slipping. like how you tie your line on a spool. The harder you pull the tighter it gets. Raise it to the height of your gunnel or higher. Tie this to the front of your boat, and then with a second line, tie the back of your boat to the rope that is around the column. Or you can tie the main line off and just use 2 other lines to tie your boat front and back to the rope on the column and then just leave it for the next time you go fishing. Be sure to use bumpers between your boat and the column. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Cordless drill, concrete bit, concrete anchor and screw eye big enough for a small carabinger clip, tie off to the carabiner. Clip in each time you fish, and unclip when your done.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if I would be prosecuted for drilling into the bridge supports? Or are you saying something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    Cordless drill, concrete bit, concrete anchor and screw eye big enough for a small carabinger clip, tie off to the carabiner. Clip in each time you fish, and unclip when your done.
    Thats giving up to much info :D
    Reel foot yankee

Ranger690 is online now Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Newer Homeland security laws prohibit most tying off too and/or even fishing under bridges. Yes, it is rarely enforced on inland waters, but just know that they can. So be very polite if you are contacted by any agency about it. Do not tamper with any bridge structure. You are just asking for trouble.

A C-clamp on I beams or a rope around the column should work just fine. I have a large, sheep hearder style hook made out of a piece of aluminum conduit. I have a carabiner thru one end of a threaded union. I can hook most stuff, or toss is like a grapplin hook or screw on another stick of conduit to reach a place to hold too.

If the current is running, get a Rictor anchor and anchor to the side and above the pillar. Let out line to put you beside it. Fish tight and put your bait in there face.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Get you an old or new HULA-HOOP cut through one side ,run rope through and put a snap on one end .When you come up to pillar unsnap snap take h-h by the end without the snap and just flip the snap around the the column and snap it to rope,then tie off boat .the h-h will keep column from eating up your rope....
    I would agree with you, but then we would both be WRONG !!!!
    Likes huntinslabs, trypman1, Speck Detector LIKED above post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast