Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The latest news about Possum lake..

Post Thanks / Like

Default The latest news about Possum lake..

I was talking to amother guy who fishes there on the weekends.. He was told by one of the rangers(or whatever they are), that it'll be drawn down 6 inches a day... Not sure how true that is but will have to take a drive up this weekend to see for myself...

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

Tux, 1 or 2 boards will be taken out at a time to allow a slow release of water to not overflow things downstream. They crawl down into the dam and pull out a few boards, then probaly due the same the following day or two. At this pace should atleast take them over a month to drain it. I guess I'm going to have to find a new lake to do the majority of my ice fishing at this yr. The crappie are biting good though so get up there if you can and target brush

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to head up either today or tomorrow, after I get finished with my errands, and check it out..

I'll be sure to target the brush...

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

Update: they are pulling two boards a day for now. Expected to be drained by late Oct early Nov. But first the dam will be inspected and if its not as bad as they thought might not be drained completely yet.