Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Game Warden

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toronto Game Warden

Well today was not any better for us at all caught 1 crappie,2 white bass and then got a ticket from the a#@ hole on the waverunner for haveing the lifejackets in the compartment! He came to Manns Cove just looking to write tickets to the Mo boys. Catman said he had the only boat that was legal so far when he got checked. Oh well I never plan to go back I think I will just stick with Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry for the bad day

I hear you on the game warden, was over on Pomona a few years ago on a Sunday fishing with the nephew, they have the 10" and 50 limit over there, well we are about to the ramp and I spot old green jeans sitting up there in his warm pickup. So I told the nephew lets go back out a little ways and we re-measured anything that looked close to 10", and found 2 out of about 35 right on the line, so we threw them back in.... When I loaded here he come, wanted to know what we were doing, I said you know Your Kansas ruler might be shorter than my Missouri ruler so we threw back a couple of on liners, man did this pi--- him off...... He checked my rig out like I had the plague or something....... I have never went back.......But my rig checked out now I only go with my Buddy from Kansas in his boat.....:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats pretty chicken sh1+. I can't believe they would harrass out of state fishermen like that.
    Last edited by Speck; 07-18-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we were supposed to be neighbors. Thats not very neighborly. sounds like truman's alot better fishing anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Not defendin either party here,but doesnt the law (does here in wise county, VA) state that your pdf's needs to be in atleast arm reach?In a compartment & say (hope you never do) you run into a situation requiring them how would you get it out on get it on if its in a comparment sumwhere?

The ticket for pdf's not bein in arms reach was fesible....but to pick on your out of state neighbors sounds like harrassment.

Congrats on the few fish you did catch tho,you was enjoyin the water & havin fun either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear it guys, don't let it ruin your weekend!!.....it will make the beer go down better this evening.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. Don't let it ruin your weekend. Beer should be flowing good by now in Yates Center.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the same ticket today on Pomona. Apparently they are cracking down pretty hard on the having the life jackets out. I asked what it costs, he said the Osage county judge usually charges $25, but not sure what county Toronto is in or what they charge. They started to harass me because I was in my friends boat, and he wasnt with me. I started dialing his number so they could personally verify it and they backed off. I have been hunting and fishing Kansas my whole life and have met "Johnny Law" twice. This year I have ran in to them twice turkey hunting and twice fishing.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been checked a few times over my lifetime and have been told to get them out. I knew I was gonna hear that from 'em but bny the time I saw 'em it was too late to start grabbing.:o Never ticketed over it though. I know they have that right...sorta seems like a warning woulda been enough though.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

You really got to watch those guys. They can be sticklers. I don't know if you've tried the Sospender PFD's. These things are great. They are small and don't get in the way like the big ones. I love mine.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast