Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not Crappie but some nice fish...PENSACOLA BOTTOM FISHING TRIP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Crappie but some nice fish...PENSACOLA BOTTOM FISHING TRIP

This is my nephew and the boy caught all the big fish on the trip. Well he reeled them all in. He was tired. He and I caught this stringer of fish on a trip about 2 weeks ago out of Pensacola on the charter boat TIME BANDIT. It was a lot of fish for the 2 of us. His dad did catch 2 red snapper for his limit then we just tried to get fish on the line and let the boy bring them on in. It was so cool as the snapper we high up in the water. We were in 100 feet of water but you could catch the biggest snapper about 15 feet deep. Just as the bait disappeared below the boat you stopped it and waited. The new circle hook rule makes catching them easier as they hook themselves and then rarely get off.

Of course FLIPPER showed up and was hungry. Flipper knows how to take the fish off your line without getting hooked. He's slick.

The last pic is the main cooler with the days catch. Our stringer is in with these fish. If you took out our stringer the remaining fish is what a party of 9 caught all together. There are Red Snapper, Triggerfish, Mingo Snappers, Black Snappers a Grouper is in the main box and white snappers aka fisherman's choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 07-17-2009 at 08:06 PM.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I did one of those same trips out of pennsacola about 10 years ago...great fun.....bottom bouncing about 25 miles out in the gulf....red snapper and grouper is mostly what we caught....

Looks like you guys had a large time.......nice catch!!
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like fun but it usually takes me a few hours on the water to get my legs under me so it'd have to be smooth!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip. Crappie are great, but it is fun to try something else occasionally.

My youngest son and I tore up the redfish weekend before last fishing the marshes out of Delacroix, La. with Captain Jack Payne. We caught the majority sight fishing by seeing them tailing or boiling the water. They were nice sized, tool.