Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 7/15....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 7/15....

Took a friend from Switzerland Thomas fishin Wed. evening hopeing to catch some walleyes and whitebass. Ended up fishing some structure in about 12 foot a water tightlinein worms on jigheads tryin for eyes. About 10 minutes into it Thomas is HOOKED into what looks to be a snag. NOT ended up doublin over my lil Loomis rod on a 10lb FLATHEAD!!!!!!!! Thank god for braided line. Thomas has fished quite a bit but its all off shore where he now lives in Florida. When i saw the rod doubled over i swore he was hung. He looked at me and said "Oh no its movin and not comin off the bottom"!! Went back to drownen worms,draggin worms, throwin cranks, dragin cranks nuttin. Then about 8:45 all he!! broke loose, WHITEBASS surfacin. Exactly what id been hopein for. Just wantin him to have a goodtime and catch some fish up here in the freshwater. Ended up with 1 flathead and about 15 whites. Caught lots of whites but just kept the bigger ones. Oh and cant ferget about the 2 good ol boys that dropped us a few nice crappies since we had to get a blade dirty. Jon
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, I hope he enjoyed himself.

Dontcha just love those guys that GIVE you their fish ? And just as often you're the one doing the GIVING. Last week the Wife and I went to Truman for an hour or so,,,,,,, caught a few dinks and one keeper, we got back to the ramp and a feller and his wife came in right behind us, the Wife tried her best to give her fish to them because they had seven in their livewell,,,,,,,, after the discussion I had eight fish to clean :D-------- and they didn't have to clean fish that nite. That made up for the ten I had given away the week before.

Bulletman
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

i like to give them away more BEFORE i get the knife dirty, unless i'm giving them to my grandparents, then it's OK :-)
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

I would have liked to seen him catch that Flathead. It was big enough just on the stringer. And you know how much I love cleaning fish at night!!!!!!!:rolleyes: Now if there had been a few more you would have had a hard time getting them away from Mike.